The One Club for Creativity Announces Details of Creative Week
NEW YORK, April 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ The One Club for Creativity (www.oneclub.org), the non-profit organization that produces The One Show and ADC Annual Awards, today announced the schedule for Creative Week (www.oneshow.org), a weeklong festival (May 8-12) showcasing the best creative minds in advertising and design. TOCC also revealed that Daveed Diggs (Hamilton) and Jessica Williams (The Daily Show) will host The One Show on Wednesday and Friday, respectively. Creative Week partners include Pandora, Pinterest and Shutterstock.
2016 Tony and Grammy Award-winner Daveed Diggs became the talk of New York for his performance as both 'Thomas Jefferson' and 'Lafayette' in the lauded musical Hamilton. In the few months since his departure from the show, Daveed has shot Lionsgate's upcoming feature Wonder, joined Andy Samberg in the HBO mockumentary Tour de Pharmacy, and began a six-episode arc on ABC's hit series Black-ish. Daveed can also be seen in Baz Luhrmann's musical-drama series The Get Down, as well as an upcoming arc on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. He is currently producing a television series for ABC.
While studying Film and English at Cal State Long Beach and performing with UCB, Jessica landed the role of correspondent for Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Jessica and fellow comedian Phoebe Robinson perform as 2 Dope Queens and host a monthly stand-up and storytelling show in New York and various cities. She is currently starring in The Incredible Jessica James for Beachside Films opposite Chris O'Dowd, which just premiered at Sundance 2017.
More than 2,000 professionals, artists and students from 25 countries will attend a week of awards ceremonies, workshops, moderated discussions, portfolio reviews and networking events.
The following are highlights of the Creative Week schedule. The full schedule can be found at www.oneshow.org/creativeweek/schedule/.
- The One Show (Wednesday): Hosted by Tony and Grammy Award-winner Daveed Diggs (Hamilton) at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City on May 10, The One Show will award Gold, Silver and Bronze Pencils in branded entertainment, design, direct, moving image craft, print & outdoor, public relations and responsive environments, as well as the Cultural Driver Award.
- The One Show (Friday): Hosted by Jessica Williams (The Daily Show) at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City on May 12, The One Show will award Gold, Silver and Bronze Pencils in cross-platform, film, intellectual property, interactive, mobile, radio, social influencer, social media and UX/UI, as well as special awards, including Agency of the Year, Network of the Year, Holding Company of the Year, Client of the Year and Best of Show.
- ADC Annual Awards: Winning professional work, awarded based upon excellence in craft, design and innovation, will be celebrated at the ADC 96th Annual Awards Gala on May 8 at Chelsea's Artbeam, with student winners presented at the Young Ones & ADC Student Awards Ceremony on May 9. Awards include prestigious ADC Gold, Silver and Bronze Cubes, as well as the coveted ADC Black Cube for best in discipline and ADC Designism honoring work that drives social good.
- Creative Summit: Taking place at the Conrad Hotel on Thursday, May 11, the one-day conference boasts an impressive lineup of speakers from Cadillac, Columbia Records, Shutterstock, Pandora, Pinterest and the top creative agencies in the world. The one-day conference, whose theme is "Engaging Tomorrow's Audience," is loaded with programming that aims to identify new and innovative ways to reach millennials, Generation Z and generations to come.
- Creative Week Education Festival: New this year, The Young Ones Awards will be presented alongside the ADC 96th Annual Awards Student winners, forming the most prestigious awards ceremony for student creatives in the world. During the Client Pitch Competition, top teams for both client briefs from The Young Ones competition will give a live pitch in front of a panel of judges from the U.N., TOMS, BMW, Serviceplan and prominent creatives from the advertising industry.
Visit www.oneshow.org to purchase tickets and view the complete schedule.<
About The One Club for Creativity
The One Club, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organization recognizing creative excellence in advertising and design. The One Show honors the best work across all disciplines, including Advertising, Interactive, Design and Branded Entertainment. Creative Week takes place in New York City every May and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.
SOURCE The One Club