Page: 1

Why should a woman who is healthy and strong,

esparza 333
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Blubber like a baby if her man goes away?

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.
BustopherPhantom Profile PhotoBustopherPhantom Profile Photo
BustopherPhantom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't know, why? Do you know something I don't?
"Y'know, I think Bertolt Brecht was rolling in his grave."
-Nellie McKay on the 2006 Broadway production of The Threepenny Opera, in which she played Polly Peachum
Eris0303 Profile PhotoEris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Weeping and a' wailing like he done her wrong.
"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Weeping and a-wailing how he's "done her wrong"? That's one thing you'll NEVER hear me say. :P
TxTwoStep Profile PhotoTxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Never gonna say that the man i love is the only man among men. (boy howdy, you can say that again)
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
there's a misquote here. The proper lyric is "womern" not "woman." Hammerstein prided himself on accurate regional dialect within his lyrics.
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
Paul W. Thompson Profile PhotoPaul W. Thompson Profile Photo
Paul W. Thompson
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have always thought that the lyric for "Many a New Day" is one of the very best show lyrics ever. It is simply beyond brilliant. Books should be written about it.
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
of the "someday my prince will come even if i'm not expecting him or particularly wanting one" songs, i also like WAITING FOR MY DEARIE and I'M NOT AT ALL IN LOVE.
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'll snap my fingers to show I don't care
I'll buy me a brand new dress to wear

And I'm from Oklahoma, and they DO say Ain't instead of Aunt.
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i bet...about the "ain't." But were you there at the turn of the 20th century?
JerseyGirl2 Profile PhotoJerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hey... it's a big deal when a woman will scrub her neck and brush her hair!
Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Paul W. Thompson Profile PhotoPaul W. Thompson Profile Photo
Paul W. Thompson
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You mean, "bresh."