Page: 1

New Mamma Mia! Movie Soundtrack Previews -- Thoughts?

DefyingEDCT Profile PhotoDefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
30 second samples are up on Amazon for every single song except for SOS.
Check it out!

http://www.amazon.com/Mamma-Mia-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B0019FOC5E/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1215322241&sr=8-1

1. Honey, Honey
2. Money, Money, Money
3. Mamma Mia
4. Dancing Queen
5. Our Last Summer
6. Lay All Your Love On Me
7. Super Trouper
8. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!
9. The Name of the Game
10. Voulez-Vous
11. SOS
12. Does Your Mother Know
13. Slipping Through My Fingers
14. The Winner Takes It All
15. When All Is Said And Done
16. Take a Chance on Me
17. I Have a Dream
Updated On: 7/6/08 at 01:34 AM
DefyingEDCT
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And its only 9.99 on amazon!
DefyingEDCT
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
BrodyFosse123 Profile PhotoBrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
IdinaBellFoster Profile PhotoIdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Brody just made it onto my favorite person list.

I ordered it off of amazon, but I need something to hold me over.
"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
Patash Profile PhotoPatash Profile Photo
Patash
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm starting to think this may be the biggest movie musical hit in decades!
IdinaBellFoster Profile PhotoIdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOVE the CD. Amanda and Meryl are fantastic.

Also, the fact that they included "Thank You For The Music" in some form on the end of the last track is great.
"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No thanks, I will wait until Tuesday to buy it. Brody, shame on you for posting the link.
BrodyFosse123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Heck! I'm buying the soundtrack this Tuesday (when it drops), AND though I've seen the film once (the test screening version), I'm not listening to it until AFTER I've seen the film again in its final cut theatrical form.

This link is for those impatient ones -- I didn't even use it. re: New Mamma Mia! Movie Soundtrack Previews -- Thoughts?

re: New Mamma Mia! Movie Soundtrack Previews -- Thoughts?
re: New Mamma Mia! Movie Soundtrack Previews -- Thoughts?

YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New M#9
Posted: 7/6/08 at 6:30pm
I am buying on Tuesday myself, and though tempted to download it, but it is not worth risking an action for copyright violation just to get a head start.

I would encourage you to revisit posting the link, because I am sure the mods would not appreciate it.
Marianne2 Profile PhotoMarianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wait, it's not supposed to be out until Tuesday? I swear I saw it in Target yesterday. It was $14.99, so I thought it was the real one, or was there a sample one? I'll be buying it as soon as I get paid again.
"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates
BrodyFosse123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New M#11
Posted: 7/6/08 at 6:34pm
Nah! If they feel its unsavory, they'll delete it. They've done so in the past. Ball's in their court now.

I'm sure those who want to download it will do so at their own risk. I'm also sure there are others who will just wait to hear the soundtrack until AFTER they've seen the film. I fully suggest this -- let the film unfold with surprises in every way. If you hear the songs beforehand, the whole element of surprise is already shot and you can never experience that 'first time' ever again.

YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It is supposed to be released on the 8th.

Amazon has it for 9.99 as a pre-order.
Marianne2 Profile PhotoMarianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hmm, then I guess my Target put it out early. Oh well, not like I had the money yesterday anyway.
"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates
ClumsyDude15 Profile PhotoClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They had it blasting at Barnes and Noble here in Jersey this afternoon. I stood and listened and stopped moving. My friend had to hit me to keep me moving through the store.
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I will definitely be buying it on Tuesday and won't be listening till after I have seen the film in the theatres. I'm already annoyed at myself for listening to "The Winner Takes It All" and that five-track movie sample that is floating around online.
So far I have been avoiding all the video clips online, except for the numerous trailers. I was able to contain myself with SWEENEY so I think I'll be okay with this one...then again SWEENEY did not have the one and only Meryl Streep.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
NJBroadwayBaby
Swing
Swing
i love it. i definatly will be buying it when its released :]
xoffender45 Profile Photoxoffender45 Profile Photo
xoffender45
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I saw the movie after I "won" tickets to the screening from BWW, and I absolutely LOVED it, which I didn't expect, judging from how corny the commercials looked. But I am SO disappointed they didn't include Chiquitita on the soundtrack!! It was one of my favorite parts in the film