Page: 1

Kazan and Esper Win Equity's Derwent Awards

somethingwicked Profile Photosomethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Zoe Kazan and Michael Esper have won the 63rd annual Clarence Derwent Awards that are presented by the Actors' Equity Foundation to honor "the most promising female and male performers on the New York metropolitan scene."

Each will receive $2,000 and an engraved crystal trophy at a ceremony that will be held June 10 in Manhattan at Equity's Eastern Regional Board meeting.

Kazan was recognized for her performance in three different productions during the past season: She made her Broadway debut in Come Back, Little Sheba, and earlier in the season was seen in The New Group's Things We Want and in Playwrights Horizons' 100 Saints You Should Know.

Esper was honored for his performance in Playwrights Horizons' production of Crazy Mary. His other Off-Broadway credits include The Four of Us, Manic Flight Reaction, SubUrbia and Big Bill. Esper also appeared in the world premiere of Edward Albee's Me, Myself and I at the McCarter Theatre..."

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/117797.html
Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Congrats! Kazan is very deserving. I'm disappointed that I never got to see CRAZY MARY, but congrats to Esper, too. I look forward to catching him in his next show.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Both are two of the brightest rising stars.