Page: 1

The Official South Pacific Love Thread

esparza 333
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Official South Pacific Love Thread#1
Posted: 5/4/08 at 8:46am
One of the best productions of the year. Keli and Paulo should get ready for a speech cause i think it is still possible for them to win a tony. Same goes for Loretta.

Please let me know if a thread like this has already been made.
Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.
esparza 333
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Oh and Danny Burstein is amazing too.
Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.
dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think this show is the best show currently on Bway. I am totally enamoured of it. More than individual awards (which are so suspect to being about stuff other than performances) I really rooting for it to take home top honors for a muscial revival.

I think it is FAR superior to both Gypsy and SITPWG. (Both which I enjoyed to varying degrees)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Maurice Profile PhotoMaurice Profile Photo
Maurice
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
A truly amazing production... Definitely the best musical revival of the year in my opinion.
"I'm a whirling mass of contradictions." - Douglas Carter Beane, The Little Dog Laughed

Equus (11/8), Billy Elliot (11/8)
jsg03jd Profile Photojsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I haven't seen such a beautiful revival since 1994's CAROUSEL, which also played at the Vivan Beaumont. SOUTH PACIFIC is just all sorts of brilliant.
musicalmaster703 Profile Photomusicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Best Revival on Broadway! Cast and everything is perfect. Not great, perfect! This was the first show that I have not found one thing wrong with it. I wish I lived in NY I would see this over and over again. Wow. Sorry... I got carried away!
Elphaba3 Profile PhotoElphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I loved it so much when I saw it exactly two weeks ago. Everything about it was brilliant.