Page: 1

Rent in Tampa Question

HoshiForever Profile PhotoHoshiForever Profile Photo
HoshiForever
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Rent in Tampa Question#1
Posted: 4/30/08 at 11:10am
The Rent tour is going to be in Tampa in July 2009. I'm looking into going, but seeing that I'm not from that area, was wondering if anyone know what theater it's going to be at or when the tickets might be going on sale?

Thanks a lot!
BrodyFosse123 Profile PhotoBrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent in Tampa Question#2
Posted: 4/30/08 at 11:27am
Seems alot of recent shows have been getting booked into St. Petersburg's Mahaffey Theatre so it could likely end-up there. If it is indeed IN Tampa, then it'll be at the Tampa Bay Center for the Performing Arts (its the only major theatre in Tampa).

Since no show schedule has been posted regarding either theatre's 2008-2009 Broadway season no ticket information is available right now. Broadway Series season subscribers will be the first ones to get the show line-up as well as the first ones who'll be able to purchase any tickets since they will be purchasing tickets for the entire season. Single tickets should be going on sale to the general public in December 2008.

For more confirmation, simply call each theatre's box office -- they'll have more answers or will advise you better.
BroadwaynSeventh2 Profile PhotoBroadwaynSeventh2 Profile Photo
BroadwaynSeventh2
Understudy
Understudy
re: Rent in Tampa Question#2
Posted: 4/30/08 at 11:46am
Ok so in big book about the 2008-2009 season it doesn't say anything about Rent... but then again the book only goes through June of 09. The only thing that is annouced for the 2009-2010 season is Mary Poppins. If Rent does turn out to be at TBPAC it will be in the the Carol Morsoni Hall. The center consists of 5 theaters so I have a feeling if it come to Tampa it will be at TBPAC. Maybe give them a call you never know... they tend to have loose lips sometimes.