Page: 1

Adam Pascal in Melbourne-Cancelled

SunnyDays Profile PhotoSunnyDays Profile Photo
SunnyDays
Swing
Swing
Adam Pascal in Melbourne-Cancelled#1
Posted: 4/18/08 at 5:49pm
I had tickets to tonight's show in Melbourne (FL) and at around 4:00 I got a myspace bulletin from Adam's site saying the show has been cancelled and to check his site in the future for more info. I called the box office and they said they had just been notified as well and didn't have any reason. The woman I spoke to said it doesn't seem likely that it will be rescheduled because they had been told to refund tickets of anyone who called. At around 5:00 I got a Ticketmaster notification saying the show was cancelled and that I'll automatically receive a refund within 7-10 days. I'm really disappointed and am wondering what happened. 4 hours doesn't seem like much notice! I feel bad for those who will not here before going out to the King Center. I just happened to have a few minutes to kill and signed on, but I'm sure there are many that won't hear. The King Center website doesn't even have the info up that it's cancelled yet. Oh well...
singinmysong13 Profile Photosinginmysong13 Profile Photo
singinmysong13
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Adam Pascal in Melbourne-Cancelled#2
Posted: 4/18/08 at 7:06pm
It's canceled because he hired a band from LA and they missed their connecting flight. He had a show with a band last night in Clearwater, but he hired a new band for this show. Why? I don't know.

He does have his pianist with him and had the ability to still go on with the show, but he decided to take the King Center director to dinner instead.

I'm extremely pissed right now - you don't even know.
[believe]

"We thought that if we were to close and then reopen before the end of the season, we could be nominated for both Best Musical and Best Revival of a Musical." - Jeff Bowen

LePetiteFromage
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/18/08 at 7:18pm
Updated On: 5/6/09 at 07:18 PM
orangeskittles Profile Photoorangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Adam Pascal in Melbourne-Cancelled#3
Posted: 4/18/08 at 7:21pm
There's no reason to blame him if that's true, but Adam has made air travel his scapegoat before.
Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
SunnyDays Profile PhotoSunnyDays Profile Photo
SunnyDays
Swing
Swing
re: Adam Pascal in Melbourne-Cancelled#4
Posted: 4/18/08 at 8:29pm
I have to admit, my opinion of Adam has definitely been downgraded a bit, which is a shame. I saw the original cast of Rent back in '96 and saw and loved him in Aida twice. I don't get to Broadway quite as often as I did when I lived in PA and I try to take advantage of any quality theater that comes to FL. My tickets say "Adam Pascal" on them not "random band who may or may not make their flight." I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it seems like when people pay to see an artist and said artist is able to be at the venue and healthy, there should be some sort of performance delivered. I would have preferred any kind of performance over a cancellation with no rescheduled date. The whole thing is a big disappointment and has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. It seems there should have been a bit more professionalism or some sort of Plan B when relying on a band flying in that afternoon ESPECIALLY with the state of the airlines lately.
musicalsFan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Adam Pascal in Melbourne-Cancelled#5
Posted: 4/18/08 at 8:35pm
Are you going to get your Ticketmaster fees back too? I thought they kept it even when a show is cancelled which would really suck.
LePetiteFromage
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/18/08 at 8:38pm
Updated On: 5/6/09 at 08:38 PM