Page: 1

So, what's this about Soccer Moms?

OffBwayprowler
Swing
Swing
So, what's this about Soccer Moms?#1
Posted: 4/15/08 at 10:40pm
The show at the Snapple is going to close soon, I hear. Anybody know anything about it?
BobbyBubby Profile PhotoBobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: So, what's this about Soccer Moms?#2
Posted: 4/15/08 at 10:52pm
I saw a show in Seattle called Soccor Moms. Funny show. It was done as a late night event so I wouldn't call it art if this is in fact the same thing.
mboo
Swing
Swing
re: So, what's this about Soccer Moms?#2
Posted: 4/15/08 at 11:35pm
I saw The Fantasticks in the theater where Secrets of a Soccer Mom is now. What a jem of a place and location! I wonder what they will find to go into that theater. I am sure it won't be emplty for long. I mean, 50th and Broadway, what a find!
EugLoven Profile PhotoEugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: So, what's this about Soccer Moms?#3
Posted: 4/15/08 at 11:54pm
I saw SECRETS OF A SOCCER MOM at the Snapple Theatre a few weeks ago. A charming and maternal-themed show... but not my cup of tea.

The title says it all. I barely laughed (though I grinned a lot) and the characters were kind of boring. Predictable conversation and story-arc.

The real-life soccer moms in the audience seemed to enjoy it... their husbands and sons they dragged along didn't.
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: So, what's this about Soccer Moms?#4
Posted: 4/16/08 at 12:35am
The Times gave it a mediocre review.

And what a coincidence, OffBwayprowler joins us today *just* to tell us about this show!
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)