Well that's gonna be the craziest stage door ever

Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I figured they would have put EQUUS in the Booth. At least then the crowd would be contained to Shubert Alley. At the Broadhurst, they'll no doubt have to close 44th Street like they did for Julia Roberts (though that was 45th.)
withoutlovewithoutU Profile PhotowithoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah, this is going to be CRA-ZY!
This is one stage door I'm gonna avoid.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu
jaystarr Profile Photojaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Damn! Youre RIGHT!!

I am going to be there.. 1st weekend of previews....expect a report from me...the whole nine yards.

J*
dancingthrulife04 Profile Photodancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually- when I saw GYPSY.... I meddled after my stage dooring across the street and Broadhurst's stage door was full of people too/ mad house... Here's some photos I took...I did not see James Earl Jones nor Anika nor Terrence.. Its was a mess!

re: Well that's gonna be the craziest stage door ever

and for inquiring minds ( I know this will be posted) the stage door at Broadhurst is at your immediate RIGHT after you exit the theater.

J*

Updated On: 4/8/08 at 09:40 PM
glitterandjazzhands Profile Photoglitterandjazzhands Profile Photo
glitterandjazzhands
Stand-by
Stand-by
I would assume that the stage door for 'Gypsy' is insane too. I saw a video of a Gypsy stage door experience and it was insane. There were like hundreds of people. And if anyone's ever been to the Spamalot stage door now that Clay is there... OMG. Middle aged women galore. LOL.
lakezurich Profile Photolakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
srsly though... there will probably be tons of people there that didn't even see the show too.
Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical
SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile PhotoSpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My mom went crazy when she saw Julia Roberts enter her car when leaving DRS.
He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
can we call the Radcliffe fans Potheads?
Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When there is a ***movie star(s)***** - surely it will be a mad house!

Here's photos from Cyrano de Bergerac... there's probably 200 people waiting to see Jennifer Gardner at the Richard Rodgers's stage door.

aliciag Profile Photoaliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I have definitely been caught in the middle of the Cat on a Hot Tin Roof stage door and it was utter madness. My friend and I got out early enough to be in front and people were literally crawling all over us and shoving playbills and posters every which way.

It really is an inconvenient place for the stage door...

Luckilly I am not a Radcliffe fangirl so I have no reason to get tangled in this one...
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
so... Potheads anyone?

DrTheatre Profile PhotoDrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Spell it with two "t's"
"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hey Alicia- How's Terrence, James, Anika & Phyllicia? Are they nice? They sign everyone's playbill? I want to see the show after Terrence 's vacation...

J*
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
sorry, so, can we officially name them Pottheads?

dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't care about SD for this one, but I can't wait to see it. One of my all time favorite plays. Did my college thesis on it.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
CurtainPullDowner Profile PhotoCurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When Liz Taylor and Richard Burton did PRIVATE LIVES at the Lunt they had to shut down the whole block.
That was Crazy.

OK I'm old.
Marianne2 Profile PhotoMarianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow, and I thought I had it bad with all the Clay Aiken fans at Spamalot. Fortunately, they left as soon as they heard he wasn't coming out. I really hate stupid people for what they do to celebrities sometimes. It's fine to be excited, but they are only human. Honestly, I could not see myself standing outside at the stage door for some people if I did not see the show first. But, that's just me.
"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lets just hope the Pottheads aren't aren't as bad as the Claymates.

feinstein9 Profile Photofeinstein9 Profile Photo
feinstein9
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Okay, Pottheads everyone. New rule.
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YES!!! Come on everyone, jump on the Potthead bandwagon!!!

kec Profile Photokec Profile Photo
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When I saw Equus in London, I went to the stage door afterwards to see what it was like. It actually wasn't any worse than some of the stage doors I've been to in NY (Hugh Jackman in BFO comes to mind). They had barricades up (a rarity in London) and it had been announced well beforehand that Radcliffe would only sign Equus stuff, so there weren't too many people trying to get him to sign a lot of HP stuff.
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
damn Pottheads...

Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, there are SO going to be HARRY POTTER DVDs out left and right.

The autograph hounds are going to appear every night with their little portfolios and briefcases.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
for sure