Page: 1

Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?

fishergirl819 Profile Photofishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#1
Posted: 4/8/08 at 9:22am
I apologize if this has been asked before - I did a search and didn't find anything, but I know I could've missed something.

I realize that Boeing-Boeing starts previews in a few weeks, and that there may not be any sort of set rush policy, but I figured I'd ask anyway - does anyone know if it's going to offer any sort of general or student rush?

Or, if nothing's been discussed regarding Boeing-Boeing, does anyone know if past shows done in the Longacre have had a rush policy? I know some theatres tend to have similar rush policies for shows that come into the theatre...

Thanks everyone. Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?
dancingthrulife04 Profile Photodancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#2
Posted: 4/8/08 at 9:25am
I don't know about Boeing-Boeing, but to answer your second question, Talk Radio had rush when it was in there.
http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#2
Posted: 4/8/08 at 9:31am
It has nothing to do with the Longacre.

It's upto the individual producers of every commercial show as to whether that show will have a rush policy.

The theatre the show is housed in doesn't mean a thing.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
shesamarshmallow
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#3
Posted: 4/20/08 at 9:43am
Anyone have updates on this now that it's in previews?
broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway
bjh2114 Profile Photobjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#4
Posted: 4/20/08 at 9:56am
I asked the box office yesterday and they said there is still no rush policy. But they are selling the box seats for $20 when the box office opens in the morning.
shh282 Profile Photoshh282 Profile Photo
shh282
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#5
Posted: 4/20/08 at 10:02am
isn't that relatively the same thing?
shh282
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#6
Posted: 4/22/08 at 11:30am
Playbill says the Boeing Boeing rush policy is as such

Boeing-Boeing
Box Seat Rush: May be sold for $20 on day of performance when the box office opens. Subject to availability and discretion of management.

Tickets in the last 3 rows of the balcony (rows E-G) are priced regularly at $26.50 for all performances
Anakela Profile PhotoAnakela Profile Photo
Anakela
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#7
Posted: 4/22/08 at 1:51pm
Apparently the $20 box seats are being sold as "partial view- will miss entrances and exits." Going tonight, will report back on how partial the partial view is.
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#8
Posted: 4/22/08 at 1:53pm
Thanks, Anakela.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
adamgreer Profile Photoadamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#9
Posted: 4/22/08 at 2:01pm
That makes sense. There are two doors on either side of the stage that you will not be able to see if you are in the box on that side of the stage.

There is one door you do not want to miss...it's on the house left, stage right, side. It's the kitchen door, with the port hole. Baranski has a very funny bit with that door that would be criminal not to see.

Try to get a box on the house right side of the theater, if you can.
verynewyorkcurious Profile Photoverynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#10
Posted: 4/22/08 at 2:04pm
I noticed that the seats to the right were stacked up, but that might only be for the first preview. I noticed that the sound guy sits there.

It would really bother me not to be able to see half the doors, especially the pink kitchen door throughout the show. I'd rather be sitting in the last row of the balcony.
Anakela
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#11
Posted: 4/22/08 at 2:09pm
Thanks for the warnings- will try and make sure I can see stage right tonight!
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#12
Posted: 4/22/08 at 2:15pm
Oops. Answered.
-Kad

Updated On: 4/22/08 at 02:15 PM
WaltSummersPI Profile PhotoWaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#13
Posted: 4/22/08 at 2:19pm
I'll be there tonight, too, presumably in the box seats or balcony!
Luckydave14
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#14
Posted: 4/22/08 at 11:47pm
Does anyone who went tonight have anything to report about rush/box seats?
Anakela
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#15
Posted: 4/22/08 at 11:56pm
DO NOT SIT IN THE BOX SEATS AT BOEING BOEING!!

At least, not for your first visit.

The (sound guy) sits in the house right box, so apparently the only box seats for sale are the two house left boxes, four seats per box (although one of the boxes had five chairs in it, there is no way there should be five adults in that area, and the fifth chair was empty.)

The doors to the room are basically built on an arc, so you can see from 0-90 degrees, but not from 90-180 degrees- you completely miss seeing ALL of the doors that are on stage left. The pink kitchen door mentioned upthread? Completely not visible from the box seats- whatever happened there I have no clue.

About I'd say maybe 10-15 percent of the action takes place in front of these doors, so you miss some of the staging.

The balc and the mezz both start over the same row of the orch- the orch is about 18 rows deep, and the balc/orch start above about row 12. I would say either TDF Boeing Boeing, or try out the $26.50 rear balc seats, but do not buy the box seats for your first viewing.

Just my little warning to y'all. :)

Regardless, the show is HILARIOUS, the most fun I've had in a long time, there is so much talent on that stage it's redic, and I can't wait to see it again.
shh282
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#16
Posted: 4/22/08 at 11:59pm
did anyone sit in the balcony and feel that it was a pretty good view?
verynewyorkcurious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#17
Posted: 4/23/08 at 12:24am
Thanks for the heads up, Analeka. That's exactly how I thought it was going to be. When I saw the show, I saw that the people on the balcony kept sticking their heads out.

spoiler:
The part Adamgreer was talking about was when Berthe got cigarettes for Gretchen, and Robert offered to give them to her. Berthe got suspicious, while Robert starts to roam around the living room. She then goes into the kitchen, and then we see her head through the porthole of the pink door. It was very funny.
Anakela
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#18
Posted: 4/23/08 at 12:29am
^^ Excellent, thanks for the spoiler! It was obvs by the laughter that *something* had happened there, but yeah you don't see any of the doors on that side of the stage from the boxes.
verynewyorkcurious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#19
Posted: 4/25/08 at 12:17am
To those of you who were wondering

The last two rows of the balcony are not bad at all. They're quite good, in fact. I also feel like you can hear the play better because there's no overhang. $26.50 is a steal for those seats. I noticed that the people in the box seats were gone by the second act.
WaltSummersPI
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#20
Posted: 4/25/08 at 12:22am
Our TDF seats were in the mezz - great seats. We found the show a clunker, but it's got to be someone's taste. :)
thetinymagic2 Profile Photothetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#21
Posted: 4/25/08 at 12:40am
WALT, I spoke to a very nice lady last night at PS, but she was telling me all about BOING BOING during intermission! Over and over; I did not correct her 'cause it was sooooo cute hearing a middle aged, very nice woman repeating BOING BOING, BOING BOING. I wanted to ask her if she ever flew on a BOING BOING.
WaltSummersPI
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Boeing-Boeing - rush policy?#22
Posted: 4/25/08 at 12:47am
LOL, great story.