Page: 1

American Buffalo Revival to Hit Broadway

scaryclowns223 Profile Photoscaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For the second year in a row, Broadway will feature an American play about the obsession over a valuable collectable.

I'm excited, but I would have preferred the Spacey/Goldblum SPEED THE PLOW in its place.

This should be a nice production, especially with Robert Falls attached.

Check it out here.
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I never saw the original so will see this one.
Poster Emeritus
LimelightMike Profile PhotoLimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wonder what theatre it'll play at...

Any speculation?
sally1112 Profile Photosally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was just Spring cleaning yesterday and donated my copy of this play to the Salvation Army (along with a box of other plays).
jaystarr Profile Photojaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Speaking of Robert Falls! he directed the regional production of SHINING CITY here in Boston at Huntington Theater. I have friends who's seen the play and they all told me that it was a great play... I wish I get a chance to see this...

re: American Buffalo Revival to Hit Broadway
SHINING CITY by Connor McPherson
directed by Robert Falls
Boston's Huntington Theater
3/7- 4/6
http://www.huntingtontheatre.org/season/production.aspx?id=4003&src=t

J*

Updated On: 4/7/08 at 09:49 PM
ashbash1990 Profile Photoashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Oh! I love me some Mamet!
What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!
whatever2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
really? why?
"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Would love to see Leguizamo back on Broadway.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
CapnHook Profile PhotoCapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm not too fond of the show although I do appreciate it somewhat. I don't see it finding an audience unless it becomes a "must-see" production.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
Ed_Mottershead
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Very happy to hear about that. I was living in Chicago at the time of the original and didn't catch the Pacino revival. Looking forward to it.
BroadwayEd
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw Pacino do AMERICAN BUFFALO, on what must have been a bad day. He just completely walked through it, shrugging and mugging and shouting when necessary. I'd be interested in seeing it again.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
frogs_fan85 Profile Photofrogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I thought I had read previously that a prodution of Speed-the-Plow was coming soon, but not the Spacey-Goldblum version because Mamet had promised a friend from Atlantic that he could direct it.