Page: 2

Let's Have a Big Hand for...MISS PATTY DUKE!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
To answer RetroBoy's queries, quite possibly because this is all she'd known since childhood. I'm not quite sure Patty Duke ever had much pull with anyone once she was out from under the Rosses who, while never putting a gun to her head, became parental figures to her, because her own parents were incapable. Her name was changed in childhood, she was taken to live with strangers, and she became essentially a trained monkey in age where child labor laws were muss less stringent. Plus she was mentally ill.

That said, coincidentally my friend Sarah and I were just talking about the Patty Duke show and I impressed her by rattling off the entire thing without flubbing once.
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For Phyllis:

I found these photos and posted them on another thread a while back, but I thought they'd be appreciated here...

My dad was a cameraman on The Patty Duke Show. It was his job when I was kid in New York.

re: Let's Have a Big Hand for...MISS PATTY DUKE!

That's Dad on the far right above (looking a little like Clark Kent) with Patty and the rest of the camera crew, and here's the entire cast & crew on the living room set (Dad's in the back by the bookcase):

re: Let's Have a Big Hand for...MISS PATTY DUKE!

Patty is centrally located down front, and not far from her on the left is her (heavily used) stand-in, who happened to be Peggy Lee's daughter.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 3/30/08 at 09:11 AM
Mamie Profile PhotoMamie Profile Photo
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Those are both terrific pictures (I spotted the whole family but couldn't find her goofy boyfriend, Richard). As the daughter of an IRS tax processor I can't help thinking that having a dad with this kind of job must have been very exciting for you! Your dad is very good looking too.
www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03