Page: 1

Elizabeth and her peanut butter sandwiches (THE VIEW)

CapnHook Profile PhotoCapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is anyone else watching this? I mean this BS is to be expected from Elizabeth, but it still astonishes me. She's just SO F***ING DUMB!
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
EverythingIsRENT Profile PhotoEverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
what's wrong with liking peanut butter sandwhiches?
Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow, that has got to be one of my favorite discussions on THE VIEW ever. I'm very pleased that Barbara wasn't there as they wouldn't have had that freedom - Barbara would have protected her precious young Repuclication panelist.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
nygrl23 Profile Photonygrl23 Profile Photo
nygrl23
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Didn't see it, but EH is so "EH." Worse than "EH." She does nothing, brings nothing to her job. And is probably a millionaire for it. I can see why she likes GWB--they have a lot in common!
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe you could tip us off as to what happened?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Was that Sesame Street magician a guest host?
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't want to put words in their mouths as the entire debate happened at a fast pace and there was so much going on...basically Elizabeth tried to use in her argument that people liking peanutbutter sandwiches and being racist was the same thing -- the audience gasped collectively and Whoopi stopped her from talking before she could say anything else that could offend.

The entire argument started with Obama and his pastor and lead to religion which lead to racism. Elizabeth made many comments that the audience either gasped or laughed at. She did pound the desk very hard after losing the argument and said "Being racist is wrong wrong wrong!" and the audience laughed and applauded her.

It will be on the ABC website tomorrow probably - look for it.
--Aristotle
husk_charmer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Elizabeth and her peanut butter sandwiches (THE VIEW)

Calvin-
Do you mean Mumford the Magician?

Ala Peanut Butter Sandwhiches!

*Magical misfire*

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Didn't see this, but she always seemed like a bit of an idiot to me.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YES! That was the one. I couldn't remember his name, just his catchphrase. re: Elizabeth and her peanut butter sandwiches (THE VIEW) All I could think of was Guy Smiley, but that's the game show host.
husk_charmer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Accoridng to MuppetWiki he has his own Halloween special.

I must now find this.
http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer
theaterdude87 Profile Phototheaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I know Capn...I know. The woman just pushes my buttons. I miss the old elisabeth from survivor. she was so nice then. i think when she worked on "The Look For Less" all the gays pushed her over the edge and now she is hostile and mean.

thats my theory. i miss rosie.
for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/
JerseyGirl2 Profile PhotoJerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Her argument was that even though he has done some really great things within his community, that doesn't make the things that Reverend Wright said any less horrible. I will gave her this... she said she was about to go to an extreme. (lol) Her analogy was, "I am sure at some point in his life, Jeffrey Dahmer ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich." Then she asked if that made the fact that he ate people any less horrible. The rest of the panel just lost it, as they should have. I really couldn't believe it.
Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
she's playing her part. she represents that portion of americans that most folks around here look down on but that are still too sizable to ignore. plus, everytime she says something controversial it spurs the easily offended to tune in tomorrow to see how it will resolve itself.

in otherwords, it drives up the ratings. which is the only real reason any of them are there.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Her analogy was, "I am sure at some point in his life, Jeffrey Dahmer ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.""

Ah. Elisabeth's analogies. I vividly remember her analogy about gay marriage...equating it to people being able to marry their dogs and toasters.
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't think Elisabeth is dumb at all. She holds the unpopular opinion on the show and finds herself having to defend herself against the rest of them daily. She gets carried away with emotion sometimes and talks out of the top of her head, but I don't consider her to be dumb at all.

Dumb? You're talkin' bout Sherri. Extremely dumb!
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I do think she's a dumbass. All she does is spew FOX talking points. I think that making a statement comparing gay marriage to people being allowed to marry their dogs or toasters is not only silly but stupid. I also think she is extremely judgmental.

The rest of them aren't so great, either. I like Joy because she reminds me of my aunts, but mostly she seems pissed off all the time, and her jokes are terribly dated! Also, all she does is sit there with her bitchface. Whoopi is a bore. Sherri isn't the brightest bulb, either. Barbara is losing her mind.
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
TEll us how you really feel, Blue!
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm too shy, Jane! lizzie puts peanut butter on her vulva and whoopie goes all cujo on it
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lizzie puts peanut butter on her vulva and whoopie goes all cujo on it
MrMidwest Profile PhotoMrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
nygrl23 Profile Photonygrl23 Profile Photo
nygrl23
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
So is she _supposed_ to be a joke? Maybe it's such a fake world that she's smart underneath all that peroxideded hair and makes up all that malarkey so she can take the money and run.