"Repulsion"

munkustrap178 Profile Photomunkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Repulsion"#1
Posted: 3/23/08 at 7:42pm

Thoughts on this film?

I watched it last night after watching "Rosemary's Baby" last week. I will watch "The Tenant" tonight.

I'm just curious as to how you all feel about "Repulsion."

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Repulsion'#2
Posted: 3/24/08 at 8:51am
It's been a while since I saw it, but I loved it--of course, I'm an aloof, isolated, paranoic myself. Scared the heLL outta me.
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Repulsion'#2
Posted: 3/24/08 at 8:56am
I thought it was okay, nothing more.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Repulsion'#3
Posted: 3/24/08 at 9:04am
I also loved it. It's the strongest film in his so called "apartment" trilogy.
The dvd transfer is awful though. They recently released a remastered version in region 2. I hope we get it sometime soon.

Btw, The Tenant is the weakest of the trilogy by far, IMO. Look forward to your comments on it.
....but the world goes 'round
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Repulsion'#4
Posted: 3/24/08 at 10:04am
Question. Was any of the interiors in Rosemary's baby actually shot at the Dakota or were they sound stages? I thought I heard in a documentary at one time they shot it in an actual apartment but I could be wrong. Other than the exterior I have always wondered how much was shot there.

The Tenant took a while to get into but I thought it was okay. Repulsion was ahead of it's time. Polanski does suspense very well, unlike todays film makers and I would love to see him do another thriller or even a horror film. I think I am the only one who actually liked 'The Ninth Gate' by the way.
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-