Haylie Duff is the Legally Blonde Reality Show host?!

maya5892 Profile Photomaya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
...or she is at least appearing on it.

I was searching google for more info on the show and this kept coming up:

http://tinyurl.com/3bvbrs
http://tinyurl.com/3ycjdv
http://tinyurl.com/33n5wd

Updated On: 3/17/08 at 12:13 AM
DickonDefysGravity Profile PhotoDickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
EW.
And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)
maya5892
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
millie_dillmount Profile Photomillie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She's just hosting...who cares? She's a good choice for an an MTV reality show host - young and trendy.
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile PhotoBroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, god...
"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."
maya5892
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Updated On: 3/17/08 at 12:23 AM
B3TA07 Profile PhotoB3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And my list of reasons this show is a must-see has just gone from 16 to 17!!!
-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/
fnyboi88 Profile Photofnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
As it says she is the host in the article I posted. I think she is a better choice than having the Hills girls hosting!

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=960118&dt=17&boardid=1
Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).
Updated On: 3/17/08 at 12:24 AM
maya5892
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It says she hosts the finale. Nothing about her actually hosting the whole thing.
fnyboi88
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
True.
Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).
scaryclowns223 Profile Photoscaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photoinlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm going to plotz when she spews the line that I KNOW is coming:

"As I know from experience, it's a tremendous task to perform in a show on Broadway"

plotz. absolutely plotz.
I'm an old show queen , and I'm not even 30.
Khashoggi Profile PhotoKhashoggi Profile Photo
Khashoggi
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Well she'd have to be better than those boring blonde bimbos who hosted the MTV coverage. They made me want to cut out my own eyes.
"I will join this conversation on the proviso that we stop bitching about people. Wigs, dresses, bust sizes, penises, nightclubs and bloody Kylie!" - Bernadette, Priscilla Queen of the Desert the Musical
christhefish Profile Photochristhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why is she still famous?
South Fl Marc Profile PhotoSouth Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Another good reason Not to watch.

Haylie Duff - bad idea for a host

Casting a broadway show by a reality tv show - bad idea

Legally Bland - bad show
Now living in DC. I really have to change my name on the board.
taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile PhototaylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How did she GET famous in the first place? Being related to a kind of dried up pop princess? Making mediocre (at best) music?
This is just a downward spiral.
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why is she still famous?

She's young, skinny, pretty, and white.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
broadwayfan7 Profile Photobroadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think Haylie will be fine.
"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."
dancingthrulife04 Profile Photodancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not to threadjack but has anyone heard back about tickets to tomorrow's taping yet?
http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not yet.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
cck223
Swing
Swing
I haven't heard back yet either - I'm curious as well though if anyone else has. Does anyone know what time the notice was put up yesterday? Because I didn't respond until last night.
uncageg Profile Photouncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just give the world Love.
fnyboi88
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
She was more known for her role on "7th Heaven". I don't know much about the show, but she was on it a couple of years before playing Amber in Hairspray, which I believe was because she was up for playing the part of Amber in the movie. A month later she was in the horrible movie "Material Girls" with her sister. She did better in Hairspray than in that movie.
Gobstopper Profile PhotoGobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I don't know that I would really call Haylie Duff "famous..."
cck223
Swing
Swing
EMAIL:

Congratulations!

You and your guest(s) are registered to participate in the FINALE TAPING OF "Legally Blonde - The search for the new Elle Woods - On MTV"!

You need to arrive no later than 3PM at The Palace Theater (The Legally Blonde Sign is huge) on 47th and Broadway on the Southeast corner. There will be a line forming.

**There is NO need to arrive super early - in fact - try to be there right at 3PM. We do not want you worn out from standing in line all day - we need you for the full stretch of the show taping! Taping by the way should last till around 8ish - obviously ending with the final on stage challenge and the WINNER - the "new Elle Woods"!
Unlike the taping of the entire musical a few months ago - we have plenty of room for our "hard core" Legally Blonde fans for this very special taping! SO - if you want to bring extra friends along with you its cool - as long as you all hang with us the whole time!

SOME IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
1. Do NOT bring any cameras of any kind - or cell phones that have cameras. VERY IMPORTANT. Since this is a top secret FINALE and you are being trusted to keep quiet about the winner. No spoilers here.
2. You will be asked to sign a confidentiality / release form. If you are under 18 - your parent or legal guardian must sign for you....so please have them there with you when you check in!
3. Please be prepared to stay with us for the entire taping! We will be having a blast - but we need to remind you that this IS a taping for TV and our crowd has to look the same for the first shot to the last! PLUS - you wouldn't want to miss the big ending - the "crowning" of the NEW Elle Woods!

We are going to have a GREAT TIME.

See you at the show!

Page: 1