Page: 1

Haven Burton publicly saying she hates Blonde??

winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was reading the Haven Burton as Elle thread. It was there that a poster said that Haven publicly had said that she hated the show and just did it for the sake of getting out of her job in Rent. I am wondering if she said these things. Where did she say them?

Now, I am a Haven Burton fan but and a Blond fan ( not one of the teenage girls who have seen it 100 times kind of fan. Not even a girl) and was wondering if she said these things why she would.

I know that there have been performers who have been in shows they didn't like and wish they weren't in. They are only in them for the sake of it being a paying job. That is okay so long as the performer is mature about it. I was just wondering if it is true why would she go out of the way to be public about it
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
Grand Motel Profile PhotoGrand Motel Profile Photo
Grand Motel
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
I'm wondering why anyone would care about what Haven Burton would have to say in the first place which goes hand in hand with why people would sleep on the nyc streets to see her go on. Why are the posters on this board so obsessed with understudies. I think those are much more viable questions than whether or not she hates the show.
ruprecht Profile Photoruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Why are the posters on this board so obsessed with understudies"

Same question I've been asking for years.
hermionejuliet Profile Photohermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is it the fact that people are obsessed with understudies or recognize that many understudies are great performers (sometimes better that the princpals), and they want the opportunity to see these people perform?

There are plenty of roles in my favorite show that I would prefer to see the understudy. Of course, I won't sleep on the street... but I would much prefer to see the understudy. I do alot of hoping that people will take vacations the week that I am in NYC. re: Haven Burton publicly saying she hates Blonde?? However, I do alot of hoping that other people WON'T take vacations, too!

Not defending Haven though... I've only seen her in Rent. Just trying to explain the interest...
So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?
suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photosuicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Interesting. She had a good sized role in RENT when I saw her, and am looking foward to seeing her in Legally Blonde April 6th. I just can't understand why anybody would be in a show they hate except for the money. But is it worth it?
Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.
massofmen
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
let's be honest. most actors have no power anymore in this business.
So when people ask "why did you take this job?", they took the job cause they need a job. Plain and simple. You think actors actually have 3-5 options? I am sure they do not. Its not like.."well I got millie and urinetown and Phantom and les mis on broadway and i don't know which one to take". Its like "THANK GOD I GOT BLONDE! now i can keep my health insurance going and pay my mortgage/rent while RENT closes". This is the reality. She is in Blonde because of the reality. As most actors are with the job that they are in.
casualtyofLoVe
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
haven never said any of that. i know that she loved rent and it really meant a lot to her. she was in rent for over a year, if she hated it why would she have been in it for that long. most people leave before then and nobody says anything. i also know that she's wanted to be in legally blonde for a long time. i was at rent one day and she was singing "omigod you guys" with two girls at stagedoor. i love haven and it's really unfair that everyone on here keeps picking on her. (i'm not talking about the person who started this thread, i'm talking about the person that started this rumor in the first place.)
hermionejuliet Profile Photohermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This IS just a message board. Hopefully actors on Broadway take no notice of the nonsense posted on the board or become upset by the comments posted.
So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?
elphaba.scares.me Profile Photoelphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
elphaba.scares.me
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
This is a RUMOR.

I know Haven very well. She loved being in Rent. She loves being in Legally Blonde.

Even if she didn't, she would never be dumb enough to tell random strangers that.

Somebody must be trying to stir things up, but I would bet a thousand dollars she never said those things.
shh282 Profile Photoshh282 Profile Photo
shh282
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw her in both Rent and Legally Blonde

and if she dislikes either show- she hides it well as she has way too much passion on stage to appear to dislike anything she does.