Page: 1

Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale

hermionejuliet Profile Photohermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #1
Posted: 3/15/08 at 1:38am
Friend has family emergency will not be able to attend.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wicked-Ticket-3-19-8-pm-Broadway_W0QQitemZ330219948430QQihZ014QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lowered to $60 for BWW members. PM me if interested.
So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?
Updated On: 3/16/08 at 01:38 AM
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #2
Posted: 3/15/08 at 9:17am
$80.00 for partial view?
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Anakela Profile PhotoAnakela Profile Photo
Anakela
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #2
Posted: 3/15/08 at 10:15am
Not only "$80.00 for partial view?" but fyi the description lists both 3/19 *and* 3/20 as the dates of the show...
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #3
Posted: 3/15/08 at 12:56pm
bump

Thanks for catching that mistake. It is for the 3/19 show.

If anyone is interested in this ticket on Broadway World PM me, and I would be willing to sell it for face value.

My friend will have hospital bills to pay and it is sold out, so if someone on e-bay wants to pay a little more that is what the money is for.
So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?
verynewyorkcurious Profile Photoverynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #4
Posted: 3/15/08 at 12:56pm
I paid 80 for a partial view ticket for Wicked once through ebay. The guy neglected to mention it was partial view and I didn't check the seating chart. Worst seat I've ever gotten on Broadway.
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #5
Posted: 3/15/08 at 2:56pm
I hope you left him negative feedback.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
millie_dillmount Profile Photomillie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #6
Posted: 3/15/08 at 2:58pm
So I am assuming it is okay to sell tickets for above the face value for Broadway shows on eBay, as long as it is within a certain amount? The reason I ask is because my aunt bought 6 tickets to Mary Poppins for an evening show when she actually wanted the matinee.
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #7
Posted: 3/15/08 at 3:02pm
The law about not being allowed to sell tickets above a certain amount expired in June 2007. You can now sell tickets for any amount above face value.
-Kad

Updated On: 3/15/08 at 03:02 PM
verynewyorkcurious Profile Photoverynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #8
Posted: 3/15/08 at 3:07pm
I hope you left him negative feedback.

I should have but I didn't. I don't know how negative feedbacks work, but I couldn't risk him leaving me one as well.
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #9
Posted: 3/15/08 at 4:03pm
yes - i think the rule about above face value very clearly isn't in effect. Look at the closing night Rent tickets --- $1000 a piece for mezz seats.
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #10
Posted: 3/16/08 at 10:24pm
Asking $60... let me know if interested.
millie_dillmount Profile Photomillie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #11
Posted: 3/17/08 at 12:06am
verynewyorkcurious: I believe you can dispute negative feedback if he had no clear reason to leave it. That way, people who have a reason to leave negative feedback don't have to worry about also getting it for no reason.
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #12
Posted: 3/17/08 at 1:25pm
Only selling this ticket through e-bay now. See link above. Lowered the starting bid to $55.00.
Jilani
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #13
Posted: 3/17/08 at 2:22pm
So I am assuming it is okay to sell tickets for above the face value for Broadway shows on eBay, as long as it is within a certain amount? The reason I ask is because my aunt bought 6 tickets to Mary Poppins for an evening show when she actually wanted the matinee.

Millie, did your aunt try calling ticketmaster to see if they would exchange the tickets? Even though it's supposedly a final sale, they have the discretion to make the exchange if you ask. I was able to do that with Spamalot tickets once - I had bought matinee tickets but a few days later a conflict arose, and I called and asked if it was at all possible to swap them for evening tickets for the same date, and they did it for me. (Granted, that was telecharge, not ticketmaster - but it can't hurt to ask.)
DRSisLove Profile PhotoDRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #14
Posted: 3/17/08 at 2:28pm
You can always call and blame it on a computer error.

I ordered tickets for the wrong day once (I wanted the weekend after), so I called telecharge and said that it said the right day the entire way through, but when the final order popped up after the card had been charged, the other date was shown.

I know its wrong to lie... but... Hah...
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #15
Posted: 3/17/08 at 8:10pm
Bump - one last time.
legally_popular Profile Photolegally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #16
Posted: 3/17/08 at 8:54pm
If that ticket was for Wed.'s matinee, I would take it in a second.

If you don't sell it, I would bring it to the theater with you on that day and explain that because of a family emergency the person can't make the show and you no longer need it. Maybe they'll take it back and give you a refund. I know that it says "No refunds/exchanges," but at Wicked that ticket can be resold in a second and that's what the cancellation line is there for. I've even heard of people getting refunds because of SJB or Annaleigh being out, even though technically refunds aren't really allowed. I'd give it a try though. I think you might be able to get a refund.
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #17
Posted: 3/17/08 at 9:15pm
That's what I plan on doing actually! And would prefer that because then wouldn't be at a loss. re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19  for Sale

Hopefully, we will be able to work something out at the box office. However, I'm NOT giving up that seat if I don't have a refund. I'd rather give it to someone on the street that have Wicked resell the ticket and my friend to be out of the total cost. re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19  for Sale
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #18
Posted: 3/17/08 at 10:44pm
DefyingGravity11:

You sent me a PM, but you don't receive PMs. Change your settings or pm me with an e-mail address to contact you.

Thanks!
defyingravity11 Profile Photodefyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Orch Ticket 3/19 for Sale #19
Posted: 3/17/08 at 10:53pm
Sorry about that! I changed my settings.
"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott