Page: 1

25% of clinton backers would support mccain over bammy

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
please, please, please give him the nomination. pretty please with sugar on top.
clinton backers ain't bammy fans
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wouldn't.
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
100% of Clinton backers who'd support McCain over Obama spend copious amounts of time in public bathrooms tapping their feet.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If you look closely at the numbers, it looks like it's ignorant, old, white women who defect to McCain. Obama keeps most or all of the male, educated, and younger crowds.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
Are there are a lot of Clinton supporters who won't vote for Obama if he gets the nomination? I only hear about Obama supporters who'd never vote for her, not the other way around.
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Another point that may be important is that this survey is all registered voters, NOT those who are likely to vote.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am very sad to hear this. I wish all of us who are passionate about Clinton and Obama would vote for whoever gets the nom. There are bigger issues at stake.

I will absolutely vote for Obama if he gets the nomination.
kelzama
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
With prices skyrocketing, the last person I need in office is someone promising to take more money out of my paycheck.
mc1227 Profile Photomc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As a Hillary supporter, I can't honestly say today that I would vote for Obama. He would have to show me alot more than he has up to now. I haven't given up on Hillary and in my heart I still believe she will be our nominee!!!
The only review of a show that matters is your own.
BlueRoses321 Profile PhotoBlueRoses321 Profile Photo
BlueRoses321
Stand-by
Stand-by
yeah, because the Republicans have done such a great job at keeping money IN our pockets.
Raviolisun Profile PhotoRaviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My mom said she would vote for Ralph Nader if Hillary got the nomination. Ugh.

Not only would I vote for her [if I could, haha] but I would campaign for her as I campaign now for Barack Obama.
One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The democrats will take it out of your pocket in a nano second

The NY State budget is built on a house of cards. When Wall St sneezes the city gets a cold. NYC as well .Now Wall Street has pneumonia & both the city & state will be up a creek. They were already floating the idiotic idea (in a recession) in Albany of taxing the rich. It sounds good for the masses until you realize so many people will be hurt by it. Instead of reining in spending, the special interest groups rule the roost. The rich will simply move & take their jobs with them

It is going to get really ugly in NY real soon. Restaurants will be hurt & Broadway will finally realize that the gravy train has come to a screeching halt. Theaters will be low on the list of priorites of those Wall Streeters (& others) who get booted from their jobs.
Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 3/16/08 at 01:54 PM
mc1227 Profile Photomc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Neither party has the solution to the economy. Both have failed policies. Gov Corzine in NJ is on the right track, but will never get a chance to complete since he will be voted out of office for trimming the fat on the budget including unnecessary state and government jobs. People have to decide what they want from their government. You can't have it all.
The only review of a show that matters is your own.
uncageg Profile Photouncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phyllis, good question. I am one of those who is really wondering what to do. At this point, if Hillary does not get the nomination, I won't vote for Obama. I must say I have surprised myself during this campaign. I have not felt this strongly in the past. it is really kind of tearing me apart.
Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 3/18/08 at 01:39 PM
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
Eh, I prefer her to him, but ultimately I prefer Democrat to Republican, so either one will get my vote in November.
MrMidwest Profile PhotoMrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Most of Clinton's supporters combined with everyone who's already for Obama seems like more than enough to beat a vanilla candidate like McCain.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
Updated On: 3/18/08 at 03:05 PM
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
which is why an average of the national polls have it virtual tie. of course, rasmussen has mccain ahead of both by 6.

jftr, rasmussen's final poll in 2004 had it 50.2% to 48.5% for bush. it ended up being 50.7% to 48.2% for bush. not too shabby, huh?

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Never underestimate the Democratic capability to shoot themselves in the feet - which, of course, have been stuffed in their mouths.

Not only Clinton supporters.
Updated On: 3/21/08 at 10:05 AM
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Among Obama supporters, 20 percent said they would vote for Sen. John McCain of Arizona, the Republican nominee, if Clinton beats their candidate for the nomination. Among Clinton supporters, 19 percent said they would support McCain in November if Obama is the Democratic nominee."

80% of a record turnout is still a big number.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
actually, pj, according to the poll it's not 80% - only 53% of blondie's voters would supoort bammy and 60% of his would support her. 13% of the blondie supporters said they would just not vote if they give it to bammy. only 3% of his supporters felt that way.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Eh.

I only listen to polls that validate my previously held beliefs.

When polls disagree with positions, I just ignore them.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lmao. literally. and wiping off the monitor. crap, that was funny, pj.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort