Page: 1

In Treatment on HBO

bbabe24
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
In Treatment on HBO#1
Posted: 3/13/08 at 5:11pm
I love this show! The acting and the scripts are solid and intriguing. My favorite patient is Sophie. Mia Wasichowska plays her perfectly.

I'm always riveted to the screen when it's on. Anyone else watching?
"Crabby old b*tches are the bedrock of this nation." --Mrs. T, Avenue Q
verynewyorkcurious Profile Photoverynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: In Treatment on HBO#2
Posted: 3/13/08 at 5:20pm
I was thinking about starting the same thread.

I haven't watched the entire thing, just bits and pieces. I've seen most of Laura, and most of Gina, which is probably my favorite to watch. I love the show as well. It is indeed solid and intriguing.

I haven't seen any of Sophie, but when I have the time, I'll go back and watch it from Week 1.

It's funny how the show keeps shifting your opinions of each of the characters..or maybe that's just me.. One minute I'm totally on Paul's side..and then his wife says something and it's 'Paul you a-hole.'..I can't stand his wife though!

What I didn't care for though was the episode with his son. The son wasn't really convincing as his own son..more like a nephew or something.
bbabe24
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: In Treatment on HBO#2
Posted: 3/13/08 at 5:40pm
VeryNY--definitely go back and watch Sophie. Blair Underwood as Alex the navy pilot is great too.

I think that your opinions of the characters change because they are so well written with the depth and breath that humans have, so naturally we see their many sides.

I am the least interested in watching Jake and Amy, although I like Embeth Davidts.
I just can't picture them as a legitimate couple. But I guess opposites attract.

I also did not like the casting of the actor who played Paul's son. Gabriel Byrne and he were not believable as father and son.
"Crabby old b*tches are the bedrock of this nation." --Mrs. T, Avenue Q
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: In Treatment on HBO#3
Posted: 3/13/08 at 8:45pm
What I've seen has been interesting..
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
Lorelai Profile PhotoLorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: In Treatment on HBO#4
Posted: 3/15/08 at 3:29am
Only caught some of Laura....I was happy to see Melissa George in another show and that she wasn't playing an evil b**** like she did on Alias. I thought she was pretty good.
(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."
christhefish Profile Photochristhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: In Treatment on HBO#5
Posted: 3/15/08 at 5:33pm
Its very good, I have a hard time keeping up though, my DVR is overflowing with unwatched episodes.
LePetiteFromage
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/15/08 at 6:03pm
Updated On: 1/24/09 at 06:03 PM
verynewyorkcurious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: In Treatment on HBO#7
Posted: 3/15/08 at 6:14pm
Yeah why are there so many! The duration of all the episodes so far combined is probably more than one entire season of a typical show.

and Paul is in all of them!
LePetiteFromage
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/15/08 at 6:22pm
Updated On: 1/24/09 at 06:22 PM
verynewyorkcurious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: In Treatment on HBO#10
Posted: 3/27/08 at 2:56pm
Did anyone catch the last three episodes? The last Sophie episode was one of the most emotional episodes of In Treatment I ever saw.