Top Chef Chicago

brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Top Chef Chicago#1
Posted: 3/12/08 at 11:03pm
Welcome to Chicago!

We are off to a great start. Great Chefs in a Great City!
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#2
Posted: 3/12/08 at 11:06pm
I can't wait, brdlwyr! But I am watching High School Reunion now (on TV Land)...I enjoy Top Chef and am looking forward to watching it later. I'm very excited for the new season.

Have any New Yorkers been to Harold's restaurant yet?
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#2
Posted: 3/12/08 at 11:18pm
Was it just me or was it obvious who was going home THE WHOLE EPISODE?
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#3
Posted: 3/12/08 at 11:23pm
Not a New Yorker but I visited Harold's Restaurant (Perilla) in October. We had a great meal and was able to say hello to Harold. I also ran into Sam, on that same trip, when we ate at The Spotted Pig.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Updated On: 3/12/08 at 11:23 PM
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#4
Posted: 3/12/08 at 11:32pm
LP, I agree. That person did not fit in.

I loved the Pizzeria Uno start to the show. I visited that restaurant during my first visit to Chicago in the 80's
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#5
Posted: 3/12/08 at 11:38pm
Did the "anti social" one get the boot?
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#6
Posted: 3/13/08 at 7:45am
Yes! Minus the food, she had such a bad attitude. She'll be forgotten.

And what was that chicken picatta thing? I may be spelling it wrong, but I can make it. Mine is delicious and looks nothing like that.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
jessica0414 Profile Photojessica0414 Profile Photo
jessica0414
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Top Chef Chicago#7
Posted: 3/13/08 at 10:16am
LOVE Top Chef, and I'm SO PSYCHED that it's in Chicago!!! I thought it was a pretty good first episode. Plus you can never go wrong if Anthony Bourdain, a.k.a. a total bamf, is on.
"You don't just stop posting horse s*** on the web!"-The [Title of Show] Show
peach
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#8
Posted: 3/13/08 at 10:38am
The person that went home had ZERO personality. Every time the person spoke I was rolling my eyes like "get on with it already!" What a drone. Plus the meal looked lame. I think they made the right choice.

Is Bourdain a regular judge this year? If so, AWESOME (I am a big fan of his). When they said Rocco was the "guest judge" it led me to believe perhaps Bourdain is taking over the former Ted Allen spot? Not sure. Would love to see more of him.
Updated On: 3/13/08 at 10:38 AM
Bettyboy72 Profile PhotoBettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#9
Posted: 3/13/08 at 11:30am
I am so happy Top Chef is back. One of the contestants was expressing such happiness about meeting someone as established as Rocco. I know little about the cooking world, but what has Rocco really done besides star on a restaurant reality show that flopped? I mean isnt he more of a "food celebrity" than someone known for his culinary skills. I mean he got heat for his cookbook being based on a lie (he promised like 10 minute meals or something) and plugs Bertoli products. Has he ever really contributed? If so, can someone enlighten me? His brow lift looks very obvious.
"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#10
Posted: 3/13/08 at 11:35am
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#11
Posted: 3/13/08 at 12:04pm
I like top chef too! However, I'm disappointed in the general appreciation for pizza which includes everything edible on top of it!. I'm a pizza lover and I maintain that a good pizza excels in the basic ingredients-crust, sauce, cheese. I can't imagine eating most of those pizzas the contestants made. And the judges liked some of them! Oh well, rant over.

I'm glad that woman went home.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#12
Posted: 3/13/08 at 12:23pm
according to bravo's site Gail and Ted are still judges, so its possible that the 2 of them just weren't available for the first ep. But everytime Anthony guest judges i love it. He is VISCIOUS.
xoangel2789xo
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Top Chef Chicago#13
Posted: 3/13/08 at 12:55pm
I knew I forgot to watch something last night..
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#14
Posted: 3/13/08 at 4:12pm
I love Tony. I've got a few of his books and he's hilarious. I love No Reservations, too.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
peach
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#15
Posted: 3/13/08 at 4:15pm
Yeah - Bourdain can be viscious, I love it. If anyone likes Bourdain and hasn't yet read his book "Kitchen Confidential," I highly recommend it. It's about 300 pages of utter Bourdain-ness. It's great, especially if you've ever worked in a restaurant!
Updated On: 3/13/08 at 04:15 PM
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#16
Posted: 3/13/08 at 4:17pm
I have that and A Chef's Tour.
peach
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#17
Posted: 3/13/08 at 4:20pm
I haven't read A Chef's Tour yet. I will have to check that one out. No Reservations is awesome. That guy will eat anything.

Regarding the Top chef contestants -- too early to tell who contenders will be. One of the crab ckae guys seems like he is always itching to pick an argument.
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#18
Posted: 3/13/08 at 4:25pm
Andrew is definitely this year's Marcel. I can't stand him.

The guy that said he was cooking since he was 11 (Henceforth known as "11-year-old") is going to let his ego get in the way.

Spike needs to take some meds. He's way too out there.

I'm curious about the lesbians. Were they cast for drama, or they two of the best chef's in San Francisco? It's hard to believe.
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#19
Posted: 3/13/08 at 5:03pm
I wondered if the producers knew that they were a couple - very likely. I am sure there will be plenty o drama!
bbabe24
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Top Chef Chicago#20
Posted: 3/13/08 at 5:07pm
Love the new show. Ted Allen will most likely be back, since he lived in Chicago a few years ago. I could do without Gail. I hope they have Charlie Trotter on.

They should definitely keep Anthony Bourdain. He's like the Simon Cowell of Top Chef. He speaks his mind and gets it right.
"Crabby old b*tches are the bedrock of this nation." --Mrs. T, Avenue Q
MTVMANN Profile PhotoMTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#21
Posted: 3/13/08 at 5:17pm
Yep, you could tell that Nimma was going to be going home. Mainly just because of the comments that they said about her food.

And why is it that Top Chef always has such good looking guys on the show!
xxnewgirlxx Profile Photoxxnewgirlxx Profile Photo
xxnewgirlxx
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#22
Posted: 3/13/08 at 5:20pm
I think Charlie Trotter is a rumored guest, as is Art Smith, who used to be Oprah's personal chef.
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#23
Posted: 3/13/08 at 5:23pm
Rick Bayless would be a likely guest. Trotter should make an appearance.
mc1227 Profile Photomc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Top Chef Chicago#24
Posted: 3/13/08 at 5:29pm
Yep, I hate Andrew already!!!
The only review of a show that matters is your own.