Page: 1

Mrs. McGreevey extends her 15 minutes

Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mrs. McGreevey extends her 15 minutes#1
Posted: 3/11/08 at 3:34pm
So many aspects of the Spitzer debacle invite commentary, but my own favorite component is the emergence of the new sub-category of celebrity: the long-suffering wife-slash-expert. She's been all over the networks today, cable, especially Today with Matt Lauer ("Thank you soooo much for coming in -- I'm sure it brings up old wounds..." All the way to the limo, ready to whisk you to your next venue.)

There she was, a vision in red, coiffed, articulate, ready. Begging us not to judge Silda Spitzer, (a name that always sounds like something from an old Joan Rivers monologue about her teen years, you know, "And that Silda Spitzer, who stole the only boy who felt me up!") Are we really judging Spilda Spitzer? Well, some idiots are, like Dr. Laura. Who said it was all her fault. If she'd been a good-er wife, that otherwise loyal Elliot would've spent the 4 grand on a Valentine's Day trip to a spa. Instead, we can only assume he stayed home, took a long shower, and ordered flowers for the Mizzuz.

Deena was at her earnest if generic best, however, entreating us to feel for the daughters (gee, Deena, we didn't think of that) and explaining how you appear at these photo ops as a robot on autopilot. So good to know. We wonder.

We don't really celebrate moving on in this culture -- we savor our flavor of public pain, and then pop up regularly to testify as an expert witness. Stay tuned. Who's next, Mrs. Craig? Mrs. Vitter? Mrs. Swaggert? Mrs. Clinton?

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 3/11/08 at 03:34 PM
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mrs. McGreevey extends her 15 minutes#2
Posted: 3/11/08 at 3:48pm
"Deena was at her earnest if generic best, however, entreating us to feel for the daughters"

What about the prostitutes Deena? Aren't they daughters as well?
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mrs. McGreevey extends her 15 minutes#2
Posted: 3/11/08 at 3:53pm
As Joy Behar said, an adult call girl chooses her profession. We're not talking child sex trade in Hong Kong. If a grown woman finds that easier and more lucrative employment than, say, selling guns (and telling people not to buy Playboy) at Walmart for the minimum wage, isn't it her prerogative? These are two adults exchanging money in a private transaction -- to me, it ain't our biz, no matter how stupid Spitzer was. And he was stupid. Real stupid.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes#3
Posted: 3/11/08 at 4:00pm
unfortunately, aug, it's still illegal. as was the way he structured the transactions. that's even what it's called: structuring. and it's 5 years in the pokey. if he was a rebel who'd been a maverick his whole career instead of the squeeaky clean "steamroller" he'd have a better shot of making the point that the case smelled. as it is, he's done. he is however, arrogant enough to try to beat it. and god knows i realy hope he tries. let it drag out for months. almost as long as it'll take the democrats to pick a nominee.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes#4
Posted: 3/11/08 at 4:24pm
As much as it pains me, Papa, I cannot disagree with a single statement you made, even the last one.
Tom1071 Profile PhotoTom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes#5
Posted: 3/11/08 at 4:26pm
Deena still seems awfully bitter.
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes#6
Posted: 3/11/08 at 4:28pm
Girlfriend was probably waiting by the phone for it to ring when this story broke.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes#7
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:00pm
"Deena still seems awfully bitter"

I can understand that. It hasn't been THAT long.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes#8
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:39pm
Deena isn't bitter because Jimmy is a mo, she knew that going into the marriage. She's bitter because he's suing her for alimony and full custody of their daughter. He's living high on the hog with his millionaire sugar daddy and keeping his income below hers so that she has to pay him.
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes#9
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:42pm
" she knew that going into the marriage."

Is this true?
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes#10
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:48pm
Well, she is sighted.
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes#11
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:49pm
Haha, now now dogs!
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes#12
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:53pm
Jane, there were rumors about Jimmie's proclivities before he ran for Mayor of Woodbridge -- his first wife had already left him with their daughter for Canada. Every rumor that ever surfaced about rat face over the years has proven true.
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes#13
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:55pm
Two days after his scandal broke, the ex and I saw him cruisin' the Christopher Street piers...
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes#14
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:58pm
Oh,, ok, thanks for the info, guys!

dogs, have you seen those piers lately?
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes#15
Posted: 3/12/08 at 11:06am
mrs.mcgreevey extends her 15 minutes

high-larious.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective