Page: 1

Watchmen photos

MrMidwest Profile PhotoMrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Watchmen photos#1
Posted: 3/7/08 at 8:41am
Anyone else here excited about this film?

Watchmen photos
All of the pics
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#2
Posted: 3/7/08 at 9:11am
I'm assuming these are the younger prime versions of the characters. Are they going to age them at all, or have they just dumped that aspect of the story?
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
n69n Profile Photon69n Profile Photo
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#2
Posted: 3/7/08 at 9:20am
its such a great book, i hope they maintain the integrity.
i want to make thngs that count
- George, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#3
Posted: 3/7/08 at 7:15pm
I'm pretty sure that part of the story is still in there, Roscoe.
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#4
Posted: 7/18/08 at 2:07pm
The trailer was before The Dark Knight. It looked unbelievably stunning! Granted, I don't know The Watchmen that well. I really need to read it. But, from what I do know...wow.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#5
Posted: 7/18/08 at 2:20pm
Nervous, but holding out hopes. Might read the book again. I may have lost one of my favourite video games when I moved house, but at least I acquired a copy of 'Watchmen' with no idea who originally owned it. O_O
jasonf Profile Photojasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#6
Posted: 7/18/08 at 2:27pm
Can't even begin to imagine how they're going to pull this movie off successfully without it being eight hours long...can't wait to see though! The book was fantastic.
Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.
Mekroth
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Watchmen photos#7
Posted: 7/18/08 at 3:10pm
The graphic novel is one of the most amazing pieces of literature I have ever read, and Zach Snyder is an amazing director. The trailer relieved any doubt I had about this movie.

People keep saying how "The Dark Knight is the best superhero movie" and "The most perfect movie ever," and I just can't wait until Watchmen kicks its sorry ass down to the discount rack.
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#8
Posted: 7/18/08 at 8:21pm
I just saw the trailer. More crap from that Snyder creature, who gave us that neo-fascist abomination 300. I'll save my time and money.

"Visionary Director Zack Snyder." Jesus.

Uh, no wait, I'm sure it'll be another masterpiece to eclipse Shakespeare, The Bible, DON QUIXOTE, and CITIZEN KANE.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
Updated On: 7/18/08 at 08:21 PM
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#9
Posted: 7/18/08 at 8:47pm
It's on the cover of the new "Entertainment Weekly", along with a feature article. I hadn't even heard of THE WATCHMEN until this thread.

Comicon really is running a lot of the industry these days.
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#10
Posted: 7/18/08 at 8:52pm
It's the THING though! Back in the '80s, nerds were being beaten up by jocks for liking and being good at maths and science. They went home, crying to mother, and she said "never mind Jeremy; you keep working hard at school, and you'll be their boss one day. You'll see". We have now entered the repercussions of that era and that mindset; Jeremy and his fellow nerds worked hard at school, worked hard at work, ascended to positions where they could option the movies THEY want to see, and lo; the geek has inherited the earth. Jocks shoulda worked harder at school. re: Watchmen photos
Updated On: 7/18/08 at 08:52 PM
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#11
Posted: 7/18/08 at 9:08pm
Weez - there's truth in what you say.

I wish they'd up the ante a little with their vision of what women are, and perhaps, on occasion, realize there are gays in the world.

I know it's STARTING to happen - slowly - but the history being built so far seems written by 14yo science club members.
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#12
Posted: 7/18/08 at 9:13pm
The Comedian looks soooooo woofy.
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#13
Posted: 7/18/08 at 10:23pm
WATCHMEN is a pretty cool book, a really neat story with an unfortunately predictable whodunit storyline. It would make a really interesting movie, just not from this director. A real shame.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#14
Posted: 7/19/08 at 4:13am
Roscoe - I'll give it a shot.

And I'm sorry - I don't care how much of an idiot he might actually be, but I'd do Mr. Snyder IN A HEARTBEAT!
beacon1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#15
Posted: 7/23/08 at 8:48am
The Watchmen panel on Friday is one of the most anticipated events at this year's San Diego ComicCon:

USA Today: "Watchmen. No movie comes to Comic-Con with greater expectations than this $100 million, R-rated tale of superheroes who suffer real-life problems, from impotence to complacency. It's out March 6."

Full article: http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2008-07-22-comic-con-main_N.htm

ABC News: "The panel for the 2009 comic book movie "Watchmen" is one of the most highly anticipated events of this year's Comic-Con, said Comicbookresources.com Executive Producer Jonah Weiland.

"This is the movie that is the Holy Grail of comic book films," Weiland said, "It's a remarkable piece of work that has not been matched in 25 years. It transformed the way comics were approached and written."

Parlevliet said audiences have been buzzing about the movie after a "Watchmen" trailer debuted in front of "The Dark Knight" last week."

Full Article: http://www.abcnews.go.com/Travel/Weather/story?id=5428279&page=1
Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

JohnPopa Profile PhotoJohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#16
Posted: 7/23/08 at 9:29am
There are a million obstacles in front of a movie adaptation of 'The Watchmen.' It's a lot to put into two and a half hours so things are going to be excised. But that's pretty common. The bigger problems are the fact that what makes 'Watchmen' the greatest comimc book story ever told was its meticulous and intelligent use of the craft and tools of comic book storytelling. Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons used the tricks of the trade in ways no one ever had before and, more importantly, did so in a way that intentionally avoided using any film influence on the work. 'Watchmen' is in many ways a series of repeated static images, there's not a lot of action. But a movie's likely to reduce it to just plot and the plot isn't *that* remarkable, it's the way the story's told in comic book form that makes 'Watchmen' unforgettable.
n69n Profile Photon69n Profile Photo
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#17
Posted: 8/1/08 at 10:12am
re: Watchmen photos

this is lovely.
i want to make thngs that count
- George, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
husk_charmer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#18
Posted: 8/1/08 at 10:18am
I'm actually reading this in my class on Comic Books this semester!

That's right, I'm taking a class on Comic Books to fulfil my American Lit credit, the perks of a state school.
http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#19
Posted: 8/1/08 at 10:26am
That is a seriously great poster. re: Watchmen photos
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Watchmen photos#20
Posted: 8/1/08 at 9:59pm