Patrick Swayze has five weeks to live? - Enquirer Story

pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Dirty Dancing star Patrick Swayze has five weeks to live, according to a shocking new report from the US.

The actor, 55, was reportedly diagnosed in late January with pancreatic cancer that has spread to other organs.

For the past month, the actor and dancer has been traveling to Stanford University’s prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy, but his doctors are no longer optimistic that the treatments will be successful, according to the National Enquirer."
Patrick Swayze has five weeks to live
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pancreatic cancer took my friend Jed at 53. It's usually undetectable until it's untreatable and then it's horribly swift.

What a beautiful and talented man.
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My friend Cal just passed away last Friday from Pancreatic cancer and he also went quickly after his diagnosis.

PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Let's remember when he gave us all the time of our lives...

re: Patrick Swayze has five weeks to live? - Enquirer Story
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
His Chippendales sketch with Chris Farley was one of the funniest skits ever done on SNL.

Also, Whoopi always acknowledges his importance in getting her the role in Ghost.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh no. I've known three people who were diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and all died very soon after having been diagnosed. I'm sad to hear this.
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I also had a friend who died shortly after the diagnosis. I understand that pancreatic is one of the cancers with almost no recovery rate. Sad.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
South Fl Marc Profile PhotoSouth Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That is so sad. The only person I know who has survived pancreatic cancer is Marlyn Horne. All my prayers go out to him and his family.
Now living in DC. I really have to change my name on the board.
bestinshow2 Profile Photobestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
That is so sad. Best wishes to PS.
"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
oh, dalton, say it ain't so...

patrick swayze has five weeks to live? - enquirer story
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pancreatic cancer is devastating. Only Dr Auschlander on St Elsewhere ever made it.
It devastated Jimmy Carter's family.
The Lustgarden foundation is the major charity battling it.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
would this be the same National Enquirer which has had such headline articles as:

Space aliens took my baby

Britney aborts baby

Clay Aiken is my babys Daddy

Goth votes for Hillary

in other words, things that could never possibly be true? Or is there another credible National Enquirer somewhere?

Obviously if it is true, it is horrible for him, and his family.

but I think I'll wait for a credible source before I believe it.
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My life has been made richer by the many, many times I happened upon Dirty Dancing on a weekend afternoon Don't think I ever saw the beginning, but I adore the second half.

"Nobody puts baby in a corner."

I hope that whatever his prognosis, he is allowed to live out the rest of his life with dignity and privacy. It's more than a little disturbing that details of what his doctors have said are leaking out.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I also loved him in Ghost.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Amen Elphaba and flit. I don't put any trust to a supermarket tabloid. However if this is a true story many many good thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was gonna ask, why are we believing the Enquirer?
....but the world goes 'round
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I heard it first on the radio this morning, but I don't know their source.
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
well, let's hope it isn't true. I always liked him, even when on a talkshow he seemed like a genuine guy. An it always got to me how he would tear-up while talking about his Dad.
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
People has nothing about this. But you will be glad to know that Lindsay Lohan is working on a hip hop album.
ShbrtAlley44 Profile PhotoShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I really hope this isn't true patrick swayze has five weeks to live? - enquirer story
humbugfoto Profile Photohumbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Every report I've read so far quotes the National Enquirer as their source. I always thought that in journalism you're taught not to go to press unless you have more than one independently verifiable source.

It's possible it isn't true, but on the other hand the NE doesn't usually print stuff this sensational unless they've got solid proof. They've been sued too many times.

Marilyn Horne is the only person I know of who has (so far) survived pancreatic cancer. She and Pavarotti were diagnosed around the same time.

I, too, really hope it isn't true.

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.
BDrischBDemented
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Admittedly, the "Enquirer" is total crap, but didn't they, like, actually hit upon Owen Wilson's suicide attempt before it was publicly known? I mean, not like that's saying we should automatically trust them now, but every once in a while...

Anyhow, I likewise hope it's not true. I don't know anyone personally who's been affected by pancreatic cancer, but... that's terrible.
"Your lyrics lack subtlety! You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pj, explain the fact that the enquirer hasn't lost a case in years and actually has a rather robust fact checking department. the reputation is a holdover from the 70's but is no longer deserved.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What Papa said.

Can anyone name two INCORRECT Enquirer headlines since Carol Burnett's 1981 lawsuit?
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
McCain Elected President!