Page: 1

For those who have seen or heard Cry Baby

jacobp
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
For those who have seen or heard Cry Baby#1
Posted: 3/3/08 at 12:37pm
I am trying to organize a school trip to see a show, and all the mainstream shows (Xanadu, TLM, YF,) are harder to get tickets for. That being said what's Cry bABY LIKE IS IT FAST FUN AND FUNNY WOULD A HIGH SCHOOL choir group enjoy it. I have read the reviews but i'd like to hear some of your opinions thanks
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ive only heard the 22 track demo for the show and its a very lively show (the music style is very similar to grease)
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Mealz1042 Profile PhotoMealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
what about legally blonde, Hairspray or In the Heights?
<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)
Updated On: 3/3/08 at 02:16 PM
East Village  Profile PhotoEast Village  Profile Photo
East Village
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
A high school choir group would like any of the above mentioned shows -- but LB tends to be more a hit with the girls.
BrianS Profile PhotoBrianS Profile Photo
BrianS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I think they'd like Cry-Baby a lot. It's funny and edgy enough without offending parents.

(SPOILER)

It has songs like "Girl, Can I Kiss You With Tongue?" and "I'm Infected" (playing off of both the infectiousness of new love and the sexual double entendre that accompanies it). That should give you an idea of the tone of the show.

(END SPOILER

Legally Blonde is a good choice for the girls, but if you want a show that can cater to both sexes, I'd go to Cry-Baby first.
If the audience could do better, they'd be up here on stage and I'd be out there watching them. - Ethel Merman
broadwayfan7 Profile Photobroadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I also agree with Legally Blonde! If you have the time, see Cry Baby too!
"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."