Page: 1

Archive of American Television Interview with Betty Garrett!

n69n Profile Photon69n Profile Photo
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Archive of American Television Interview with Betty Garrett

PT 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORVj3qwUjSM

PT 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZoNoKPcY90

PT 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zbpGkPo2U

what a thrill to hear her stories!!!!
i want to make thngs that count
- George, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
Chevstriss
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
thanx for these
I'd fire you... if you weren't so g*dd*mn beautiful out there. - Blades of Glory blog
Updated On: 3/3/08 at 11:31 AM
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mamie Profile PhotoMamie Profile Photo
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm enjoying her stories but that interviewer's ignorance is really irritating. She's obviously too young to have seen those old movies and tv shows but it would have been an act of respect if she had at least tried to view the videos of some of them. She doesn't know any of Betty's old films and only knows the titles and names of the stars of the TV shows. It's embarrassing to listen to her.
www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
MrMidwest Profile PhotoMrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I could be wrong, but I think the interviewer says things like "And could you explain who that person is..." for the benefit of the audience. It seems like that's basically how these interviews are set up, so the person being interviewed has ample opportunity to talk about various different subjects and the interviewer just says something now and then to put things on track.
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
Mamie Profile PhotoMamie Profile Photo
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This seemed to go beyond that. Betty mentioned her films with Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly, then she said something about 'none of my other films did'. The girl asked 'what films were they?'. Now that's bad! Then she talked a little about her TV shows and specifically All in the Family. She talked about the character of Archie being such a bigot and then she said her character was Irish and her husband was Italian, so Archie hated both of them. So the girl replies 'why was that?'. Why did he hate them?'.

I don't know - it just sounded like a high school interviewer, only not quite that good.
www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
MrMidwest Profile PhotoMrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Fair enough, I've only see the ones with Florence Henderson.
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
today i have listened to the Bea Arthur & Phyllis Diller ones while ive been working!!

they are fantastic!!!