LOST

dfwtheatreguy Profile Photodfwtheatreguy Profile Photo
dfwtheatreguy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
LOST#1
Posted: 2/22/08 at 10:15pm
So good, so worth the wait, but questions:

1) Why are Jack and the rest of the "Oceanic 6" lying about how many people survived the crash (LOST and where the plane landed (in the water)? Who told them to lie and why?

2) Was Sayid's flash FORWARD last week (where he killed Elsa for Ben) was that really a flash FORWARD or could it have been a good old flash BACK - no one notices Sayid as one of the Oceanic 6??? Kind of hard to be a national celebrity and a ruthless assassin..... Has Sayid been working with Ben all along?

3) How can Ben get 3.2 million in one week for Miles??????
"The theatre is so endlessly fascinating because it's so accidental. It's so much like life." - Arthur Miller
yodamarie78 Profile Photoyodamarie78 Profile Photo
yodamarie78
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#2
Posted: 2/23/08 at 12:14am
The producers pretty much shot down the Sayid's flash forward was really a flash back theory on EW.com

DOC JENSEN: Some people are even wondering if the flash-forward stories in each episode are being presented chronologically. For example, did the opening sequence of Sayid's flash-forward in which he killed the Italian guy on the golf course in the Seychelles actually occur after his ill-fated Elsa affair?

LINDELOF: There was originally a line in that episode where Sayid said, 'I've just returned from the Seychelles,' which would have cleared all that up. But we lost it in editing because the scene went on for four minutes. When we're presenting you with a narrative, it's always happening in chronological order.
EW Interview
Taryn Profile PhotoTaryn Profile Photo
Taryn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#2
Posted: 2/23/08 at 12:43am
How about why is Kate raising Aaron? Is Claire not a member of the Oceanic 6? What about Desmond's vision of Claire and Aaron being rescued by a helicopter? And why would Jack not want to see Aaron?
Kasie Profile PhotoKasie Profile Photo
Kasie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#3
Posted: 2/23/08 at 2:20am
so was it just me or did anyone else notice that the number 3.2 appears more than once throughout the show...
for instance, when walt and michael are told how to leave the island by ben at the end of the second season, ben says to keep the navigator thing at 3.2 and that it was crucial to follow that frequency and nothing else...
and then when the helicopter crashes in the beginning of season 4, 3.2 is also mentioned, and then finally when miles asks ben for the 3.2 million....hmm its gotta mean something...
this season is by far the best...and it keeps getting better

oh yeah, and im also wondering if aaron is considered on of the "oceanic 6" or not. and who was in that coffin?? maybe juliette?

Updated On: 2/23/08 at 02:20 AM
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#4
Posted: 2/23/08 at 2:29am
"oh yeah, and im also wondering if aaron is considered on of the "oceanic 6" or not."

Aaron is NOT one of the Oceanic 6.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#5
Posted: 2/23/08 at 2:37am
I think the last episode basically told us that Claire is NOT one of the Oceanic 6. So far we have Hugo, Jack, Kate, and Sayid. I am dying to know who are the other two, I really wanted Sun to be one of them (we need another girl survivor, and Claire ain't it). The survivors were in the manifest, I imagine, so that leaves Ben, Juliet, and Desmond out of the running.
Don't forget that Aaron is Jack's nephew, I wonder if that has anything to do with him not wanting to see him.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#6
Posted: 2/23/08 at 2:43am
I know who the final two are and I can spoil it but I won't.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Kasie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#7
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:00am
how would jack have found out that aaron is his nephew though since his father died...maybe ben told him since he knows so much about them? guess we'll have to find out.

i think the last of the oceanic 6 are sun and jin...or do you think ben could have pretended to be one of them because he had all of those passport things in that box, maybe hes capable...but probably not. i do think rose and bernard will stay on the island so she wont get sick again and locke and sawyer arent going anywhere.
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#8
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:01am
I am dying to know but I rather find out when the episodes air. On that EW interview Lindelof says that by the end of the pre-strike episodes we'll know who the Oceanic Six are.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Tag Profile PhotoTag Profile Photo
Tag
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#9
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:02am
It was a good episode, but I am getting tired of the new questions and storylines they keep creating. We all know they are never going to completely explain everything. At this point it seems like the writers are just throwing things into each episode.

In last season's finale Kate said "I have to go, he's going to be wondering where I am" during Jack's flash forward. It was speculated that it was going to be revealed in this weeks episode who HE was. Was it Aaron? Could a small child be wondering that late at night where his "mom" was? Or is Aaron grown up by the time the Jack flash forward happened? Or is she married/with the HE? So many questions!
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#10
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:03am
"do you think ben could have pretended to be one of them because he had all of those passport things in that box,"

No.
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#11
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:11am
From what I've read on the web, Kate was indeed referring to Aaron. I think it's plausible that a kid is wondering where his mommy is.
I disagree that it's obvious that the writers are just throwing random things to make the show more mysterious, I actually feel that this season is trying to put the pieces together, making the picture a little less blurry. It's also nice to have a guarantee that by the end of the season we'll know who was in the coffin, that we'll know who are the Oceanic Six, and a few other stuff.
It's nice to hear that Ben isn't one of the Oceanic Six, I want it to be one of the people in the plane. I want Sun to be one of them, not Jin, it'd be so much more interesting if the survivors are not strongly related (mother/child, husband/wife, etc).
Kasie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#12
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:17am
lets not forget about michael and walt. it is possible that they could be the other two. its hard to tell since we havent heard about them in a while though.
and yes i agree with you ray that i hope it is more interesting if the survivors arent strongly related or in pairs, and was anyone else confused about the ending of sayids flash back episode or is it just me.
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#13
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:18am
"It's also nice to have a guarantee that by the end of the season we'll know who was in the coffin, that we'll know who are the Oceanic Six, and a few other stuff."

Everyone will know who the final members of the Oceanic Six are in episode #7. The next episode is #5. I think that after episode #8 there will be quite a long break since there were only 8 episodes shot before the strike.
Tag
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#14
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:20am
I got this off another site and thought it was funny how many questions were brought up:

Who is Miles working for? Why does he want exactly $3.2 mil and how does he know Ben has it? What the hell was up with Daniel, Charlotte and that card trick? What happened to the helicopter? Who came up with that stupid story Jack has to keep telling, who is making them tell it and why would they agree to it? How did eight survivors become the Oceanic 6? What happened to Claire? Is Kate telling people Aaron is hers? Why doesn't Jack want to see him? Why did the DA want to make sure Kate stayed in California so bad?

Updated On: 2/23/08 at 03:20 AM
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#15
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:26am
I know we're getting a long long break after episode 8, but at least after that break we're getting 5 more episodes. I'm annoyed that we won't get the 16 episodes promised but oh well.
I hadn't thought that Michael could be one of them, after all, I've been saying for a while that it was him in the coffin.
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#16
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:30am
"What happened to the helicopter?"

Okay this is not a spoiler just an observation. I don't think that anything has happened to the helicopter. In the previous episode an experiment was conducted with an object being launched from the ship. It was due to arrive at a specific time but got there a number of minutes later. There is obviously something with the way that time works between the Island and the outside world. The helicopter will probably get there but it will just take longer than anyone on the Island will expect.
Kasie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#17
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:31am
yeah its hard to say who it will be based on the information they have given us so far...perhaps it is michael in the coffin, i had never thought of it that way.
i dont think that when kate was saying "he will be wondering where i am" that she was referring to aaron since hes just a baby, maybe its sawyer. i dont think so but its possible. im going to stick with sun and jin or michael and walt for the final two. cant wait to find out.
lakezurich Profile Photolakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#18
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:52am
Kasie, when you were little and your parents went out and left you with a babysitter didn't you look forward to them coming home?

A few questions I have: Why do you think they are after Ben? And what do you think the Island is. In a previous episode Locke says something along the lines of "I have looked into the soul of this Island and what I saw was beautiful" or something along those lines. So what do you think it is? I personally don't have a guess, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.
Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical
Kasie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#19
Posted: 2/23/08 at 4:02am
^ haha of course, but isnt aaron like two? i dont really remember anything from when i was two so who knows...but youre right its possible that she is talking about aaron...

good questions, im not too sure either, guess we will just have to see, but what i do think is that when Daniel and Charlotte are doing that card trick thing that it is because Daniel has ESP or something like that and for some reason it wasnt working on the island
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#20
Posted: 2/23/08 at 4:04am
"but what i do think is that when Daniel and Charlotte are doing that card trick thing that it is because Daniel has ESP or something like that and for some reason it wasnt working on the island"

Desmond's ESP works on the island.
Kasie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#21
Posted: 2/23/08 at 4:09am
yeah but i think its different than Desmonds. theres something off about Daniel. i dont know if hes faking it or not.
Updated On: 2/23/08 at 04:09 AM
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#22
Posted: 2/23/08 at 4:25am
"I hadn't thought that Michael could be one of them, after all, I've been saying for a while that it was him in the coffin."

**Minor Spoiler**

Harold Perrineau's name has been in the opening credits since the new season began. Look to see him (alive) sometime before the break.
nealb1 Profile Photonealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#23
Posted: 2/23/08 at 11:56am
Remember last season's finale, when Jack met with Kate in the parking lot and she said, "Why would I go to the funeral?" Who's funeral was she referring to?

And, yes, when we saw Jack testify at the trail, he was very "put together." Certainly not like he was at the end of the finale........flying every Friday night and with that beard. So, when Kate says that she has to go because, he will wonder where she is, sounds like it's a few years later...???

Perhaps....we just have to find out and watch.

And, no, the writer's are just throwing out ideas and storylines...all the pieces of the puzzle are coming together. And, I love it. It's a fantastic show!
Tag
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOST#24
Posted: 2/23/08 at 1:37pm
A Michael centric episode was the last one shot before the strike. So watch out for him to be back soon.