Page: 1

Right-wing reaction to Lawrence King's death

Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Remember the student who was brain-dead after being shot in the head at a California school last week?

Got a strong stomach?

Then take a look at what the GOP base thinks about the crime at the link below.

As an added bonus -- see how ABC's Elizabeth Vargas' slime job from a few years ago that blamed Matthew Shephard for his own murder still hold traction.
Sub-human beasts, the lot of them
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is an issue that has been talked about a lot recently--homophobia protected by anonymity. And does it convey that much more of the country is violently homophobic than we thought or that there is a nasty, evil minority?

Anyway, read this article in The Advocate. It deals more specifically with YouTube, but it's really the same discussion.
http://www.advocate.com/issue_story_ektid51690.asp

WhatTheBuck on the topic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVhKinTKg8s
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The majority of people who post on FreeRepublic are beyond analysis. Angry, nasty mutants who are worried about another guy grabbing their crotch when in reality any sane person would probably rather stroke the inside of a vat of undiluted hydrochloric acid.

Yet the people who are eager to point out out-of-whack comments on DailyKos or whatever have not one word to say about this. Not one.
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But, also, most of these people are truly and sincerely stupid. One of the comments on your link is someone implying(because Matthew Shepard is alluded to) sarcastically that once every ten years is an epidemic.

And what that truly and sincerely stupid mother****er doesn't get is that gay people are attacked in some way EVERY DAY.
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Couple all this with the fact that there were plenty of warning signs that this was going to happen at the school (see below link) and yet the school district did nothing. Yup. This country makes me proud, alright.

No matter. ABC can do a special in a few months to find a way to paint the killer in a sympathetic light. Then we can feel proud again.
Sickening
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The comments on there are sickening.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Some of those comments make me seriously worry about the future of this country.
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Now these same people are getting orgasmic over dreams of an Obama assassination.
Vile, vile, vile
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not even in my greatest moments of hatred for Bush did I hope for his assassination.

SICK.
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Me neither, Jerby. In fact, I tried to watch "Death of a President" and it made me really, really uncomfortable.
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have no desire to see that film. I don't blame you.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Please don't link to freerepublic. I vowed never to go there ever again and I just clicked on it.
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
IOU one air freshener.