Page: 1

M-I-C-K-E-Why? because we like you!

JulianK2
Swing
Swing
M-I-C-K-E-Why? because we like you! #1
Posted: 2/20/08 at 3:26pm
While I was growing up in the 1960s, Gulf Gas stations offered a free Disney album when you filled your tank up. The album was called "Disney's Merriest Memories" and had songs from The Jungle Book, Snow White, Lady and the Tramp, among others. I remember how much I loved that album and it rarely left my record player as a child. I remember playing usually skipping over the Burl Ives song "Lavender Blue, Dilly Dilly" because I thought it sounded "old." Fast forward to the 1990s, I found that album and it still played! I was an occasional DJ in the 1990s and I would play different songs, like "We are Siamese," and "I Wanna Be Like You" and people would fly to the dance floor! Not bad for a 30 year old record from a Gulf station!!
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: M-I-C-K-E-Why? because we like you! #2
Posted: 2/20/08 at 3:28pm
I loved those gas station records. We used to have the Christmas albums that they put out. They had songs from Julie Andrews and Robert Goulet.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: M-I-C-K-E-Why? because we like you! #2
Posted: 2/20/08 at 4:26pm
I had the same one, JulianK2!

I played it to death.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: M-I-C-K-E-Why? because we like you! #3
Posted: 2/20/08 at 4:32pm
What's this "record player" you speak of?
....but the world goes 'round
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: M-I-C-K-E-Why? because we like you! #4
Posted: 2/20/08 at 4:52pm
re: M-I-C-K-E-Why? because we like you!
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
m-i-c-k-e-why? because we like you! #5
Posted: 2/20/08 at 4:59pm
get one of these and you can
turn vinyl digital
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
mmousefan Profile Photommousefan Profile Photo
mmousefan
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
m-i-c-k-e-why? because we like you! #6
Posted: 2/21/08 at 3:26pm
When we first got our family piano (because my older brother had a heart problem and had to give up three of his four sports and my folks thought he needed another hobby, not because I had been begging for one and trying to play all the neighbor's pianos), before we started formal lessons, the music store that sold us the piano also gave us a Disney easy-play songbook. There was a strip of paper, colored in stripes like a horizontal rainbow, that you set behind the actual piano keys, and in the music of the book, the notes were colored the same as the keys they corresponded to...even stacked chords in the left hand. That way without really reading music, if you knew the tune sort of, you could plunk out the melody at least. I remember spending hours trying to figure it out and practicing (the fingering was obviously atrocious). When my godchildren got old enough to start investigating their piano at home, I looked for the same kind of book, and found a similar one, but never a Disney one...theirs would have had songs they knew from ALADDIN and BEAUTY & THE BEAST, of course....
just keep swimming along, don't rise to the....