Page: 1

Interesting Article About a Reality Show Suicide

Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was jazzed as hell to find out that the sleaze-o-rama known as PARADISE HOTEL was re-airing...but as it turns out, one of the contestants had depression and a bi-polar disorder and jumped off a tower several weeks after filming ended. But here's the kicker: They are gonna air the show anyway!!! God bless reality TV!!!!

Check this out:

I Like To Watch from Salon.com
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Updated On: 2/17/08 at 02:57 PM
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Interesting article. It led me to wonder 1. if being on the show drove him to suicide, 2. if airing the show anyway is probably the closest thing to reality the show could get, 3. if it's disrespectful to the guy and his family to air the show, knowing he probably signed on the line that this might happen. 4. If his suicide would prevent others from appearing on such a show.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why would his suicide be viewed any differently than a well-known actor's?
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's not the first time a reality show contestant committed suicide.

Didn't a The Swan (or was it Extreme Makeover?) reject off herself?
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
Urban Profile PhotoUrban Profile Photo
Urban
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The original-original survivor (Called 'Expedition: Robinson' - from Sweden - a few years before Richard Hatch graced our screens). The first castaway to be voted out ended up committing suicide.