Make Me a Super Model - Bravo, Thursday Nights

DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As there seems to be a few of us on here who watch this show, I thought I would start a thread (as we temporarily hijacked the Project Runway thread).

Perry's phone call to his girlfriend last night: "tell me you love me, and want to be with me forever" over and over again was somewhat pathetic and uncomfortable. I don't like him, especially since he walks around like the competition is in the bag for him.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
JailyardGuy Profile PhotoJailyardGuy Profile Photo
JailyardGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bread!! She ate BREAD!!!
Suzanne: I never use catalogs. I'd rather go in the store and see all the salespeople groveling and sucking up to you. Julia: Pardon me, I never knew they were so solicitous at the K-Mart.
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
All of Jackie's smack talk to him made so much sense after that phone call. She's got his number.
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
After her workout, no less!
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Shawk Profile PhotoShawk Profile Photo
Shawk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Perry's phone call was kind of creepy. His girlfriend was obviously upset and to force her to not just say "I love you" but, "I love you and want to be with you forever"? Okaaaaay.

This show is pretty bad (thank you Tyson for your amazing insights including something along the lines of, "Supermodels do a lot of walking; they have to know how to walk!), and many of the challenges are nonsensical (nude modeling for portraits is an incredibly specific industry and I doubt supermodels have anything to do with it), but I keep watching, mostly because Casey is pretty in Renaissance portrait kind of way. re: Make Me a Super Model - Bravo, Thursday Nights
'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
After that phonecall I was like, "ewww".

Out of the women, I think Holly is a natural.
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Holly should win.

I will buy what ever cologne or skinny legged European suit Casey ends up hawking. I love his face!!!!!!
Shawk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Did I miss it or did they totally not talk about Jackie's runway performance? It seems like every week there's one person who just isn't around for the runway, and it's not always the person with immunity.
'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm in agreement with the sentiments here.

That phone call was indeed creepy. It almost sounded like an abusive relationship.

I also think Holly should win. Did one of the judges say last night that she was already a model in his estimation? I even liked her with her original hairdo.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They only call out the top and bottom three, Shawk. The other "safe" models don't come out on the runway.
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't remember them saying a thing about Jackie's runway performance.

Frankie's probably really shocked he's in the bottom three for a 2nd week in a row.

Ben has been a surprise for me (in a good way). I'm waiting for him to makeout with Ronnie, though.
Shawk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up-- I guess I was too busy staring at pretty Casey. re: Make Me a Super Model - Bravo, Thursday Nights

As much sense as the show is going to make, anyway.
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm telling you kids...Tyra's show is much better...
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Shawk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tyra's show is more tacky fun, but this show has some men to look at (besides Nigel Barker, noted fashion photographer). re: Make Me a Super Model - Bravo, Thursday Nights
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
true...only Nigel and an occasional "prop" model for the gals.
Still, so much better paced, more interesting photo shoots, more drama...and Tyra, who is a freak.
Not sure how Paulina Porizkova will do, however.
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Doodle, I would watch, but every once in a while I need to look at a man!!
Shawk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think part of the problem is that Make Me a Supermodel is near real-time. They can't be spending that much time on editing if the film includes just days before.
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nigel is always there with an open collar and and accent.

Also, there is Jay Manuel if you like your men orange.

scott68 Profile Photoscott68 Profile Photo
scott68
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But then, the real-time element is part of the appeal of the show, because you get to influence what actually happens on the show without cheesy, drawn-out results shows. *cough*Americanidol*cough*
"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hope Ronnie can make it through...I also want to see his and Ben's make-out session.
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I thought they were doing with FIDDLER what they did with LEGALLY BLONDE...only looking for a Model that was amazing.

And doodle--I like Mr. Jay--though he needs to get rid of "the look" and just be the cutie he is!
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
In some ways I enjoy this show more than ANTM.

I am also in the Ronnie/Ben club.

re: Make Me a Super Model - Bravo, Thursday Nights
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
Shawk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Was I hallucinating Ronnie talking about his boyfriend in the early episodes? We've heard nothing about this theoretical boyfriend since the Ben-crush began. Hm....
Updated On: 2/15/08 at 08:55 PM
scott68 Profile Photoscott68 Profile Photo
scott68
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I haven't watched a full episode since the first two weeks, but I definitely remember him mentioning a boyfriend. Maybe the thought of seducing a straight (married?) prison guard was just too much.

Matty, I love Ronnie's oh-so-obvious bulge in that picture.
"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ben is my pick for "Super" Model.
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"