We MUST keep marriage a sacred sacrament between a man & a woman

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
On Valentines day it's important to remember that marriage is far to important to be given away to homosexuals. It is a sacred act, and must be treated with reverence. To wit:

" Dodge is helping one couple speed up the start of their "Journey" together by throwing a winter wedding at the 100th Chicago Auto Show on Valentine's Day as part of the brand's "Journey of a Lifetime" contest.
Contest winners Blake Humphrey and Jackie Rohner of Rock Island,
Ill., will be surrounded by more than 1,000 cars on display at
the largest auto show in North America when they get hitched in
front of 100 of their closest friends and family on Feb. 14. The couple will walk down the aisle to the music of a Journey cover
band, then start their journey as man and wife in their all-new
2009 Dodge Journey, a vehicle that blends the practicality of a
minivan, the capability of a sport-utility vehicle (SUV) and the
overall efficiency of a passenger car into an all-new "right-
sized" crossover, perfect for a newlywed couple."

Yes, nothing says eternal love like turning your wedding into an ad for an SUV. The bride walked down an aisle that looked like a highway and the vows were written by Dodge with plugs for Dodge products and plenty of bad jokes: "I promise to keep the tank full and stop for directions when necessary."

It made me want to puke.
VD wedding
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
miss pennywise Profile Photomiss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I spent Saturday with a married couple--two absolutely lovely men--who have been together as long as my husband and I have.

I look forward to the day when the US recognizes that marriage should be available to ANYONE who cares to make the commitment. And I will do whatever I can to see that it happens in my lifetime.
"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh Miss P that cheered me right up! Incidentally, my man & I celebrated 6 wonderful years last week- someday we can make it legal!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
miss pennywise Profile Photomiss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Change is slow, but inevitable, Joe! We're going to make it happen!
"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
PalJoey'sPal and I have been together 13 years, 14 in April.

We're not getting married until we can have...

A wedding in a BIG church, with bridesmaids and flower girls, a lot of ushers in tailcoats, reporters and photographers.

We want a wedding like the Vanderbiltís had, everything big not small, and if we canít have that kind of a wedding, we donít want to be married at all.

If we canít have that kind of a wedding, we donít want to be married at all!
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
congrats Joey and Joe.....that's great.

Joey we'll toast you on the 14(the day we arrive in Scotland) with a pint
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Come on people, step on it, there's only so long that I can pull off toulle.
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
PJ, that sounds nice but weíll have an old fashioned wedding
Blessed in the good old fashioned way
Iíll vow to love him forever
Heíll vow to love and honor and obey
Somewhere in some little chapel
Someday when orange blossoms bloom
Weíll have an old fashioned wedding
An simple wedding for an
Old-fashioned groom and groom
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
34 years for my partner and me. 35 in October. No one I know that's the same age as I am, has had a "marriage" last longer, gay or straight. And believe me there were plenty of people around who said we'd never last, when we first got together. To them I say...well..never mind, I'd just be banned if I said it.

Chances are we'll probably never really get married...and you know what? I don't really care, because in my heart we always have been.

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Updated On: 2/14/08 at 12:02 PM
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Next month will be 6 years for me and my partner. Living in separate countries. I know straight couples who considered living 60 miles from each other a "long-distance relationship" and still couldn't hold it together. Pfft!
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This September will be 10 years for me and mine, and if any one says that what we have isn't sacred, well, they can just blow it out their backside.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> ďI hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.Ē <<>> -whatever2
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've been with my guy 7 months.

That's not a long time, but it sure is longer than many sacred Hollywood marriages.
Mother's Younger Brother Profile PhotoMother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mister Matt, my partner and I are at a little over 3 years, living in seperate countries (me in the U.S. and him in Germany). I had to laugh at what you said about "long-distance" relationships! I work with people who are squeemish about dating something who lives an hour away. My eyes roll so hard sometimes I'm afraid they'll never come back around.
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My wife and I have been married for over 22 years. I hope that very soon everyone has the same rights with respect to marriage.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
cubanpab Profile Photocubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
married almost 2 years now and hoping that all of you will have the same rights soon... much sooner than later i hope!
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If gay marriage were legal, I'd have been married and divored 2,379 times.
Pip Profile PhotoPip Profile Photo
Pip
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
SOMMS, your pre-nups would only have to say, "Just pull the sheet up over me when you're done, ok?" re: We MUST keep marriage a sacred sacrament between a man & a woman
Jonny boy Profile PhotoJonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
April 28th will be 8 years for me and my man! I would love to have a ceremony one day to celebrate our relationship but as far as actually getting legally married, it's really not that important to me.
WindyCityActor Profile PhotoWindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My partner and I just passed our 15 year mark. Although we had a commitment ceremony in Hawaii about 7 years ago, I doubt whether the US will ever allow us to marry.

Maybe if we retire to Canada....
nygrl23 Profile Photonygrl23 Profile Photo
nygrl23
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
JoeKv99, nothing is ever truly free. I'm sure the couple were feeling pangs of regret about 20% into the whole process. But they wanted the free stuff.

And hello? "Man" and wife? It's husband and wife, stupid Dodge morons!
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Joe--I was going to say "Love and honor, yes! But NOT obey..."

But then I read the subsequent posts in this thread, and I am awestruck. Congratulations everybody, from 7 months to 35 years--wow!

JustaGuy--we've had threads before about the importance of wills and powers-of-attorney and advanced medical directives for gay and lesbian couples. Can you tell us at what point during these past 35 years, you and your partner decided to do that? Things were very different in 1973, weren't they?
Defying_Gravity_Girl Profile PhotoDefying_Gravity_Girl Profile Photo
Defying_Gravity_Girl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just want to offer my support. I do NOT understand why we can't all be seen as equal, since we so obviously are.

Congrats to all of you who are celebrating anniversaries and such!
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

www.writersinlove.com
JohnBoy2 Profile PhotoJohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Marriage is "a sacred sacrament between a man & a woman". However, secular unions (whatever they want to call them) aren't, and the idea that anyone thinks they are is preposterous.
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Marriage is "a sacred sacrament between a man & a woman".

NOPE. Marriage is only a sacrament in the Catholic and Orthodox Church. And it wasn't a sacrament until the 12th Century.

Most protestant churches only consider Baptism and Communion as sacraments.
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett