Nancy Grace's Personal Vendetta Against Joran Van Der Sloot

Midnight Radio
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
What is her deal?! She will not let this case go and now is covering it on a nightly basis again. Why does she seem to have a personal tie to this case and must continue her single minded attack nearly 3 years later?
bluetuna
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
I take it you aren't aware of what he was caught on tape saying?
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
tuna, I don't think based on his threadthat one is aware of much of anything.....
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Midnight Radio, here is an opportunity to get up to date on what's happening in the case and the reason why Nancy Grace is talking about it:
Aruban police question van der Sloot again
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
bluetuna
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Yes, it's not as if nothing was going on with the case. You say you've seen it on the news every night, but have you actually noticed anything said about it, Midnight Radio?
Midnight Radio
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I am aware of this new tape but I fail to see any other news program or anchor devote so much time and effort into this case. Every time I pass by her program now she is covering this and nothing else. And I know that Nancy likes to make her opinions known and generally takes stances on cases, but it just seems that this in perticular has turned into an excuse for her to attack Van Der Sloot and his supporters for an hour a night. Besides the tape, no arrests have been made or substancial breaks in the case like a body or any solid evidence. I just don't see the point of beating to death the same horse over, and over, and over again...
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw that program where he admitted the whole thing to his "new friend" in the car. I found it fascinating how it all unfolded.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I just don't see the point of beating to death the same horse over, and over, and over again..."

It's not a horse that's dead.....it's someones daughter. Bravo to her mother and Nancy for not giving up on this.
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Midnight Radio
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I am using that anology with the tape Elphaba. The tape was released on Feburary 1st. Now, 9 days later, she is still playing the same tape and sqwauking about it like it is the first time she has ever seen it.
Updated On: 2/11/08 at 01:38 AM
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The squawking should continue until the case is solved. If it were your family member, you'd be glad someone cared that much.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Um . . . Nancy Grace's show has a focus on court cases.

This case has been her focus when it was fresh in the news and again when the brothers were rearrested and later released.

It is only expected that with the release of this new tape that she would again focus on the case.

It's a court show and the story is in the news at the moment.

I'm no fan of Nancy Grace but it absolutely makes sense for her to be focusing on the case at this time.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"The tape was released on Feburary 1st. Now, 9 days later, she is still playing the same tape and sqwauking about it like it is the first time she has ever seen it. "

And the CNN article that I linked earlier was from Feb 8th. ABC and Fox have Feb. 7th articles but I've heard no criticism about them from you.
Midnight Radio
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Because, while they publish articles, they do not focus all their air time and attention on that story. You would be hard pressed to find any online new ticker with the Van Der Sloot case listed as a top story. Yes the video came out. Yes it was breaking news. Yes, it is an important story. However, to air it, night after night, with no further developements seems to me to be over the top and unnecessary.
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I'm no fan of Nancy Grace but it absolutely makes sense for her to be focusing on the case at this time."

I agree with both parts of that statement.

"You would be hard pressed to find any online new ticker with the Van Der Sloot case listed as a top story."

But her show focuses specifically on Court cases.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
bluetuna
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Her show focuses mainly on legal issues, court cases, etc. This is perhaps one of the biggest legal happenings at the moment, and on top of that, it involves international affairs in the sense that it is an American who went missing in Aruba.
bluetuna
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
"Besides the tape, no arrests have been made . . ."

Keep in mind that this is Aruban law that is being dealt with as well, not U.S. law, so there are different provisions for arrest.
Tag Profile PhotoTag Profile Photo
Tag
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's called ratings people.
thetinymagic2 Profile Photothetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That squeaking, shrill fugly Grace is ALWAYS whining, sneering,wallowing in ghoulish stories for the sole purpose of ratings and living vicariously through other peoples' trajedies. Shame, shame, shame. Is it that coke up you sweet southern nose that makes you so Nasal and unfalteringly annoying. Yes, we kneeeeoooooww your boyfrined was killed 25 years ago. Enough already. I crown you, QUEEN of GORE. You mean you had tweeeeeeeeeens through the turkey baster? Who would * you long enough for you to shut up.
And those screeching HEADS on yourbroadcast, lllllaawwwyyyeerrs, 'laawwyyyeerrs, and more laaawwwyyyeerrs. What a freeekeeen circus!
Ah'm Tiiiiiirred...zzzzzz
JohnBoy2 Profile PhotoJohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why are you watching Nancy Grace?
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She secretly thinks he's cute.
....but the world goes 'round
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You're aware you can change the channel if you don't like the programming on the one you are watching right? Or is your remote broken?
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Craig, perhaps they only get the one channel, lol
Midnight Radio
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I watched it the first day, when it was truely interesting and breaking news. But now its just a lame excuse for Nancy to sit on her pedestal and preach and bitch.

I just think it seems odd and obsessive. Yes, I know I can change the channel, which I do. That doesn't mean I can't discuss it.
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nor does it mean that we cannot find you a bit silly and foolish in the process.

I generally despise Nancy Grace - but if she can put pressure on the government to bring the Killer of Natalee Holloway to justice, then I can put up with her noise, posing, and presumptions.

If not for the American media, this case would have been shelved a long time ago.
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
no odder or obsessive than an 18yr old choosing this to bitch and moan about when he doesn't even have to watch/read/whatever about it......THAT seems odd