Page: 1

Chita Rivera @ Shaw in London

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Chita Rivera @ Shaw in London#1
Posted: 2/10/08 at 8:58pm
Last performance just now, and LOVED every minute of it! In the theatre, I spotted Amra Faye, Josefina Gabrielle, Maureen Lipman, John Patridge, Rebecca Thornhill, Claire Sweeney in the first row and quite a few past and current Chicago ensemble.
Anyway, Chicago overture only seemed SO appropriate for the entrance for Chita and as she said, that vamp is amazing and it's hers! Not Catherine Zeta Jones' haha. What a legend! Her voice is definitely not the best, but her deliverance and emotions for every song, the energy, simply like no one else! Highlights of the show for me was her West Side Story combination (her audition bit) which she reprised from her Dancer's Life show, Sweet Charity combination and also her hooker number and obviously her All That Jazz. Also love her 'slap her' comment from Gwen's voice about Sweet Charity! This woman is 75 and still moves SO SO SO gracefully! Sadly I see her right leg and hand shivering all through the show, I hope she's just tired! Anyway, she seemed abit emotional throughout the show. The atmosphere in the theatre was amazing! The audiences cheered and cheered and applauded, giving her around 1-2 mins of standing ovations near the end.
After the show, I was wondering where the stagedoor was. This guy brought me to the second level... later I realise its a private party... which seemed SO awkward for me and my friend! When she came out, she was brought to every guest, and since everyone was pointing and staring at me and my friend, I felt it was only best, I stayed downstairs. After her bit of drink, Chita rushed off, signing everything as quickly as possible, got a picture with her and she loved my drawing of her

Did anyone else see the show? What did everyone think?
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chita Rivera @ Shaw in London#2
Posted: 2/10/08 at 9:11pm
I was there and im still stunned at what i saw! She is not of this world. What a show!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chita Rivera @ Shaw in London#2
Posted: 2/10/08 at 11:01pm
yes definitely! where did u sit? I saw centre 3rd row! AMAZING! Starin at me when she sung that song from 'The Visit'!
COOOOLkid
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chita Rivera @ Shaw in London#3
Posted: 2/10/08 at 11:21pm
Ahh! I wish I could have seen her!
"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chita Rivera @ Shaw in London#4
Posted: 2/11/08 at 4:53am
I was in row G centre.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chita Rivera @ Shaw in London#5
Posted: 2/11/08 at 5:04am
Not sure if you saw me.. me and my friend were the only Chinese people there. Anyway, did you wait after the show?
Anyway, here's my drawing of Chita which I gave to her: re: Chita Rivera @ Shaw in London
Updated On: 2/11/08 at 05:04 AM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chita Rivera @ Shaw in London#6
Posted: 2/11/08 at 6:17am
Ive posted my experience on the West End board. You really shouldnt have felt bad at the drinks reception after-im sure people wernt staring at you in a bad way, not every one knew every one! It wasnt really a party anyway. and most people went off after 30 mins or so to Jo Allens etc. What a fab night and what a fab lady!