Page: 1

Sidney Lumet at Film Forum

bschneid76 Profile Photobschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sidney Lumet at Film Forum#1
Posted: 2/8/08 at 8:20am
A very nice tribute to the great filmmaker Sidney Lumet. What are some of your favorite Lumet films?

Network, Murder on the Orient Express, and Dog Day Afternoon are among my favorites. I am really interested to see The Seagull and Longs Day Journey Into Night with Katharine Hepburn.

http://www.filmforum.org/films/lumet.html#28
"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski
RetroBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Sidney Lumet at Film Forum#2
Posted: 2/8/08 at 8:34am
THE WIZ!

j/k
RetroBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Sidney Lumet at Film Forum#2
Posted: 2/8/08 at 8:37am
Seriously, I would love to see THE GROUP. I've heard so much about it but never got a chance to actually see it. I heard it has a cult following, not as big a following as VALLEY OF THE DOLLS but from what I've been told the movie has it's moments of unintentional camp.
RetroBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Sidney Lumet at Film Forum#3
Posted: 2/8/08 at 8:42am
I would also love to see A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE. If only to see Carol Lawrence in her big screen debut. She took this part after being turned down for the film version of WEST SIDE STORY.
bschneid76 Profile Photobschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sidney Lumet at Film Forum#4
Posted: 2/8/08 at 9:58am
If I had the time, I would see all of the films. But I think I can only make it to Network, Murder on the Orient Express and perhaps Long Days Journey into Night.
"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sidney Lumet at Film Forum#5
Posted: 2/8/08 at 10:13am
Long Days is terrific-maybe Kate's best performance...MAYBE.

Would love to see FAIL-SAFE
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sidney Lumet at Film Forum#6
Posted: 2/8/08 at 10:41am
I'm very glad to be able to see DOG DAY AFTERNOON and NETWORK, two of the better US films of the 1970s. DOG DAY features some of the best acting you'll ever see, a lot of it coming from the late great John Cazale in one of the greatest performances in American films.

I've never been a big fan of Lumet's film of LONG DAY'S JOURNEY. I much prefer the television version with Olivier and Constance Cummings, who I think delivers a far better Mary Tyrone than Hepburn.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sidney Lumet at Film Forum#7
Posted: 2/8/08 at 5:13pm
OMG...Jessica Walter and Shirley Knight are appearing for the screening of THE GROUP on the 12th!