Page: 1

Dayquil -vs- Nyquil?

CapnHook Profile PhotoCapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dayquil -vs- Nyquil?#1
Posted: 2/7/08 at 10:02pm
I've had the flu this week and last night I discovered the magic of Nyquil. This afternoon I went out to buy Dayquil because I need to get back to going to classes.

Dayquil is the hard-to-swallow liquid medicine (literally). I want to take it like a shot, but I have to literally slurp it down my throat like sucking out jello. It's DISGUSTING! [But the product works, so it's totally worth it.]

Now is it just me, or is Nyquil definitely more liquidy? I took it last night and it tasted great and I sucked it down like water in a hot desert. BUT...last night I was hallucinating (anyone read my thread about last night's dream?) and I may not have been in the right mindframe.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
jasonf Profile Photojasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dayquil -vs- Nyquil?#2
Posted: 2/7/08 at 10:15pm
I can't drink either --strictly the pills for me. I'm not sure how much they work vs. acting as a placebo for me at this point, but when I'm sick it's the first medicine I turn to
Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dayquil -vs- Nyquil?#2
Posted: 2/7/08 at 10:33pm
Nyquil has alcohol.

You did know that, didn't you?

Take the Dayquil capsules.
jaystarr Profile Photojaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dayquil -vs- Nyquil?#3
Posted: 2/7/08 at 10:40pm
and they require to see an ID now for you to buy it..

J*
CapnHook Profile PhotoCapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dayquil -vs- Nyquil?#4
Posted: 2/7/08 at 10:45pm
Yes, I knew it had alcohol, but I just wanted to confirm that Dayquil had a more thick consistincy and that I'm not crazy.

I can't swallow pills, so I always take liquids.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dayquil -vs- Nyquil?#5
Posted: 2/7/08 at 10:47pm
what's the big deal? It tastes like licorice
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
jaystarr Profile Photojaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dayquil -vs- Nyquil?#6
Posted: 2/7/08 at 10:53pm
I rather take the liquid.. it hits me right away... like after 10 mins..I am already f** up!

BTW- is it just me? but Dayquil makes me sleepy too...

J*

Updated On: 2/7/08 at 10:53 PM
theaterdude87 Profile Phototheaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dayquil -vs- Nyquil?#7
Posted: 2/7/08 at 11:24pm
I used to love nyquil and lord knows it worked wonders. recently it has faught my body and not only keeps me up but makes me feel really nauceous. (ehh spelling?) so i cannot take it anymore. my body is weird with medicine that is supposed to help you sleep...it makes me awake.
for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/
Not Barker, Todd. Profile PhotoNot Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dayquil -vs- Nyquil?#8
Posted: 2/8/08 at 3:31am
Man's best friends.

Love the liquid night stuff, the pills are just boring.

Hate the liquid day stuff, the pills are all I take.
PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dayquil -vs- Nyquil?#9
Posted: 2/8/08 at 3:39am
I think all these drugs used to actually work with me but now they do work like a placebo as jasonf pointed out, it's like as soon as I take them I feel whatever effect they are supposed to have. It's actually kinda neat in a I'm-so-used-to-them kinda way.
I do prefer pills though, hate hate hate liquid medicine.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
LePetiteFromage
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/8/08 at 3:58am
Updated On: 1/27/09 at 03:58 AM
justabwaybaby Profile Photojustabwaybaby Profile Photo
justabwaybaby
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Dayquil -vs- Nyquil?#11
Posted: 2/8/08 at 5:16am
"BTW- is it just me? but Dayquil makes me sleepy too... "

My little sister is always asleep within, like, an hour of taking Dayquil...

I haven't tried either...I'm allergic to Tylenol/Robutessin/Penicillin, so I'm sort of cautious about trying "new" meds...