Page: 1

McCain Booed at CPAC

pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
McCain Booed at CPAC#1
Posted: 2/7/08 at 6:18pm
"After facing whithering attacks from conservatives, presumptive GOP presidential nominee John McCain addressed party activists on Thursday at CPAC (after Mitt Romney dropped out). The question remained: How would he be greeted? Conference organizers warned not to boo McCain -- and what happened? There was booing."
Live CPAC Updates: Romney, McCain, Cheney Gather At Conservative Political Action Conference
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain Booed at CPAC#2
Posted: 2/7/08 at 6:21pm
Although he has differing viewpoints on some issues, he has to be seen as much more conservative than either Hillary or Obama

Hillary always spouts on & on about choice. Not too much choice if she is ready to have your salary garnisheed if you do not voluntarily buy into her medical plan

Looks like it will be Mc Cain/Huckabee. The Dem race will go down to the wire. Fearless prediction, Obama gets the nod.
Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 2/7/08 at 06:21 PM
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain Booed at CPAC#2
Posted: 2/7/08 at 6:22pm
Hey Roxy--what do you think about all those conservatives rejecting McCain? What do you make of that?
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain Booed at CPAC#3
Posted: 2/7/08 at 6:33pm
He got booed when he said "Illegal Immigration".

He needs to get used to it & will need a thick skin to get thru his campaign.
Poster Emeritus
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain Booed at CPAC#4
Posted: 2/7/08 at 6:38pm
"Hillary always spouts on & on about choice. Not too much choice if she is ready to have your salary garnisheed if you do not voluntarily buy into her medical plan"

You understand she is using the word "choice" in a very specific context, right?

And you understand that a LOT of us don't get to "choose" what our hard earned tax dollars are spent on, like, say, the 9 BILLION dollars that was "lost" in Iraq, right?
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain Booed at CPAC#5
Posted: 2/7/08 at 7:03pm
re: McCain Booed at CPAC

(does this pic make you horny?)

Here are just a few of the issues the rabid right has with McCaine.

• Rush: “He wants amnesty for illegal immigrants.” (McCain/Kennedy Act)

• Rush: “He’s for putting limits on free speech.” (McCain/Feingold campaign finance reform)

• Hannity: “He won’t abolish the ‘death tax’.”

• Hannity: “He says he’s pro-life, but said he wouldn’t repeal Roe vs. Wade”. Rush: “Pro choicers are voting for McCain - That’s who independents really are!”.

• Hannity: “He didn’t support the Bush tax cuts, and has used class warfare language about ‘benefiting the rich.’”

• Coulter: “He opposed drilling in the Alaskan National Wildlife Reserve.” Coulter was outraged that he posed with Governor Schwarzenegger at a solar energy plant “of all things!” “I mean why didn’t they pose in front of an abortion clinic?!”

• Coulter: “He opposes torture at Guantanamo.” Coulter is happy to call it torture, by the way, and supports it. “We’re supposed to worry about putting a little water up a terrorist’s nose?”

• Hannity: “He’s bad for Republicanism.” Rush: “We’ve watered down the party. “ Rush: “The party leaders have betrayed the conservatives.”

• Coulter : “Hillary would be stronger on the war on terrorism.”

Given that McCain has picked up the lion’s share of the votes of their conservative listeners, it appears that very few are heeding these warnings.

My question is, if the Republicans hate him so much WHO THE HELL IS VOTING FOR HIM? (and don't tell me its only independants.Can't be!)

I wonder if Bill 'I'm an Independant,don't call me a conservative, bonehead' O'Reilly is voting for McCaine. I very much doubt it!

re: McCain Booed at CPAC

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Updated On: 2/7/08 at 07:03 PM
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain Booed at CPAC#6
Posted: 2/7/08 at 7:59pm
Or have the conservative pundits, the neo-con politicians and the Religious Bigots all lost touch with the Republican voters?
javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain Booed at CPAC#7
Posted: 2/7/08 at 9:14pm
Why don't those hardright-leaning blowhards run for public office since McCain won't toe the line?

It's too easy for them to play Monday morning quarterback sometimes 2x daily.

They are the main reason I'm reverting to print media mainly.
#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain Booed at CPAC#8
Posted: 2/7/08 at 10:42pm
Well, with all this animosity, someone is sure to try and start a third-party "true conservative" campaign, which will split the vote and hand the election to the Democrats.
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: McCain Booed at CPAC#9
Posted: 2/7/08 at 10:52pm
Or have the conservative pundits, the neo-con politicians and the Religious Bigots all lost touch with the Republican voters?

Score!

What the hell is wrong with these people? Seriously, why are those friggin greedy and childish?
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain Booed at CPAC#10
Posted: 2/8/08 at 9:42am
Cause they had a lil taste of victory, and the power that accompanies it and they don't want to let it go--and the more inflammatory their comments, the more books they sell in an increasingly competitive market. It's not like people buy their books for the picture on the dust jacket.
Mamie Profile PhotoMamie Profile Photo
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain Booed at CPAC#11
Posted: 2/8/08 at 9:46am
I read that list romantico posted and I'M ready to vote for McCain!
www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain Booed at CPAC#12
Posted: 2/8/08 at 10:41am
Well, I like both Hillary and Obama (Leaning slightly more with Hillary though)But I agree, McCaine is not as bad the others. Besides, anyone who gets under Coulter's,Limbaugh's,Hannity's, and Fox News's skin as much as he does can't be all that bad in my book!
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-