Page: 1

Question for Designing Women Fans

bobby_luvs_bway Profile Photobobby_luvs_bway Profile Photo
bobby_luvs_bway
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Question for Designing Women Fans#1
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:35pm
Does anyone know the title or even the season they did an episode about Charlene having breast cancer? Julia rips her Doc a good one. A friend of mine has recently gone through a similar circumstance and we were talking about that episode. I think it would be a great comfort for her to watch, now that it is all behind her.
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question for Designing Women Fans#2
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:37pm
doodle?
JailyardGuy Profile PhotoJailyardGuy Profile Photo
JailyardGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question for Designing Women Fans#2
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:37pm
I believe that was the 2-parter, "Old Spouses Never Die" from Season 1.
Suzanne: I never use catalogs. I'd rather go in the store and see all the salespeople groveling and sucking up to you. Julia: Pardon me, I never knew they were so solicitous at the K-Mart.
bobby_luvs_bway
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Question for Designing Women Fans#3
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:38pm
Thank you jailyard. My friend and I appreciate it.
JailyardGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question for Designing Women Fans#4
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:39pm
welcome, cute stuff :)
Suzanne: I never use catalogs. I'd rather go in the store and see all the salespeople groveling and sucking up to you. Julia: Pardon me, I never knew they were so solicitous at the K-Mart.
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question for Designing Women Fans#5
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:39pm
If it had been the Girls...

Jaily--I didn't know you were that big a DW fan!
StageManager2 Profile PhotoStageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question for Designing Women Fans#6
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:41pm
I never cared for DESIGNING WOMEN. To me, they were a poor man's GOLDEN GIRLS. And too preachy for my taste.
Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia
bobby_luvs_bway
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Question for Designing Women Fans#7
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:43pm
Oh...there is room in my heart for all the sassy ladies.
JailyardGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question for Designing Women Fans#8
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:45pm
Really, Lil? Ohhhh, yeah. Even more so than GG...which is saying a LOT.

In fact, from the ages of about 12 to 17, every single word that came out of my mouth first went through an internal "What Would Julia Say?" filter; I could recite from memory every single monologue (the 'Julia Gets "Riled Up" Moments') from every episode.

Je suis gay. So tres tres gay.
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question for Designing Women Fans#9
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:50pm
What did the construction workers say to her?
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question for Designing Women Fans#10
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:53pm
I can only remember the end of the Dr. Mitchell speech. Something like:

"You tell your patients to let you do the worrying for them. There's only one problem with that, Dr. Mitchell. You're not the one who has to do the dying."
bobby_luvs_bway
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Question for Designing Women Fans#11
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:55pm
I found a site that has all things DS. The following is the exchange I was after. Go Julia! Again, I thank you Jailyard.

Julia goes to see Charlene's doctor.
JULIA: Dr. Mitchell, I'm Julia Sugarbaker. May I come in?
DR. MITCHELL: Yes, but I hope this won't take long. I'm on the staff of three hospitals, and I still have rounds.
JULIA: Oh, I understand how very busy you are, and I'll be brief. I've come because I'm a very close friend of Charlene Frazier's.
DR. MITCHELL: Charlene Frazier is no longer my patient, so I can't see....
JULIA: Actually I'm not here only for Charlene, but on behalf of all your patients.
DR. MITCHELL: I don't understand.
JULIA: What I'd like to know is, how many more women do you plan to kill before you retire.
DR. MITCHELL: I beg your pardon?!
JULIA: You see, I've done a little checking on you, Dr. Mitchell, and I've discovered that Charlene is not the first woman you've told to wait. You said the same thing to another close friend of mine, only at that time I didn't know that you were her physician. Well she trusted you. She waited four months before her breasts had become so misshapen she had to come back, but by then it was too late.
DR. MITCHELL: Mrs. Sugarbaker, I don't think I'd like to discuss with you medical judgments which you know nothing about.
JULIA: Medical jargon doesn't impress me. I was brought up in a medical family, and my grandfather always said 80% was common sense. There's nothing mysterious about having a lump in your breast. It's simple, when you find one you have it x-rayed or biopsied. I know that. Most physicians know that. What I don't understand is, why don't you know that?
DR. MITCHELL: Well, it's obvious to me that you are an emotional and overwrought woman.
JULIA: Not emotional, Doctor, I'm just plain mad. Which is why I'm filing charges against you with the state medical board and the AMA.
DR. MITCHELL: Well, if you'd like to make a fool of yourself, be my guest, but I can assure you you're in no way qualified to make these judgments. I think this meeting is over.
JULIA: I think so too, but as for qualified, neither are you. You don't depend on medicine. Your weapon is intimidation. You're a seemingly kind, benevolent authority figure who tells women to let you do their worrying for them. Well there's just one thing wrong with that, Dr. Mitchell; you don't have to do that dying.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question for Designing Women Fans#12
Posted: 2/7/08 at 10:08pm
I was close!