Spice Girls Concert Review- My Life was Fully and Totally Spiced Up

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile PhotoAnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
In case anyone is interested..

My cousin had tickets and we went last night to Long Island. I think every seat was filled. It was an IMMENSE area and the fans didn't stop screaming the whole night.

Now, I don't ever go to concerts. I like very few recording artists, so I'm really unfamiliar with the pop concert scene. But if all concerts are like that one...just..wow.

The stage? HUGE. I mean HUGE. There were ginormous screens behind the Girls and lights shows and confetti and set and costume changes..it was just a really big production.
They sang hit songs of theirs, and also other people songs. Each woman got a chance to do something solo. Posh basically did a runway thing for hers, and Scary did the raunchiest dance ever. Ginger did "It's Raining Men" and it was fantastic.

So about the Spice Girls themselves. First of all, they are all unbelievably beautiful. Truthfully, I never thought that Posh was the prettiest, but she does look great on stage - especially during her walk.
Ok Baby Spice? Yeah. Breathtaking. She had the cutest dresses. Ginger was beautiful as well, and although she was beautiful when she was REALLY Scary, Scary looks GOOD.
Oh and Sporty? Since when can she sing so amazingly? I didn't think she was not good, but I always was under the impression that the lead singers were really Ginger, Baby, and Scary. But Sporty SANG. Oh my God, it was such a surprise but she was great.

They have AMAZING chemistry. At one point Sporty and Scary collided and they just laughed and it's probably due to their experience, but they all belong on stage. They're so funny and you can really tell they are having a great time together. They're dancing and jumping and looking fabulous, but their singing is still perfect. I don't usually like pop singers because they are never as good live...at all. But the Spice Girls can SERIOUSLY sing. Every note was not only perfectly on pitch, but had great tone and sound. Anybody who says that they can't sing clearly have no idea. They are VERY talented.

Overall, it was a great night. They practically defined my childhood, and I was so happy I got to go. It really is nights like the one I had yesterday that make me think that British artists do everything better. They completely blew me away.
I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.
Updated On: 2/7/08 at 05:29 PM
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seeing them live would make my week!

Thanks for the great review.

re: Spice Girls Concert Review- My Life was Fully and Totally Spiced Up

Did they sing "My Strongest Suit"?
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
GREAT PICTURE!

Their entrance was fabulous. We waited an hour before the show was supposed to start. But the lights went out and people FLIPPED. The screens started to get all colorful and "spicey" and the girls came out from underneath the stage on these really high platforms.

At the end, they stopped with "goodbye". But I was freaking out because they didn't sing "Wanna Be"! But of course, there was an encore. The dancers did a great number, and then the girls came back saying "Wait..we forgot something." "Do they really really want something?" etc... It was awsome.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh my god I would have been so freaked out if they hadn't done "Wannabe." OH MY GOD! That was close!
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
misschung Profile Photomisschung Profile Photo
misschung
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks for your review. I'm seeing them on Sunday with my best friend. I hope I don't start bawling out of nostalgia. Yes, I am that pathetic. And I'm really excited. re: Spice Girls Concert Review- My Life was Fully and Totally Spiced Up
The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?
FOAnatic Profile PhotoFOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Next week!!!!!!!!!!
"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"But the Spice Girls can SERIOUSLY sing."

I seriously disagree. I was there last night. One of my best friends is a huge fan and her husband BEGGED HER to give his ticket away to a friend, so I went because she asked me to. It was basically a Barbie fashion show set to music. It was fun and silly, and I enjoyed seeing my friend so happy, but I would rather have been at home in pjs relaxing. Glad you loved it, though. re: Spice Girls Concert Review- My Life was Fully and Totally Spiced Up

I thought Posh looked like an alien, but she definitely got the loudest cheers when her pic came up onscreen. Emma looked terrific.
chino Profile Photochino Profile Photo
chino
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Thank for an amazing review! I can't wait to see them. I am seeing them on the 19th here in Philadelphia. I AM SO EXCITED!

My only problem, I am short person and I got floor seats... so, big good luck!
shira467 Profile Photoshira467 Profile Photo
shira467
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm going on Sunday too -- SO excited!
Deet: Shira, I Love You!
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I can't believe how jealous I am. I'm going to have to go rent SPICEWORLD now.
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
blueroses, did you see the collision that I mentioned? Was that meant to have happened, or did they really just have a little accident.
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Anna, I don't remember it! I was on the side of the stage, but pretty far up (in the 300's) so I missed a lot when I wasn't looking right at the screen.

Wasn't it odd that Victoria did a little runway walk when all of the other girls sang during their solos?! It was kind of funny...if I thought she was capable of it I'd think she was spoofing herself.

Also, I had no idea Mel C. sang "I Turn to You."
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I KNOW!! But come to think of it, it makes sense.

Yeah. All of my friends that her walk was the greatest thing ever. And...it was, it was cool and very Posh-y. Victoria is certainly not one of the better singers, but she's not untalented. I wish she would sung something. If she wants to be a model, then be a model. SING TO ME POSH.

"I seriously disagree."
Not even Sporty??

And for all those going soon. HAVE FUN. You'll love it. Bring lots of money if you want souvenirs. Them Spice Girls charge you lots. I bought a water bottle for $4.50. Shirts are a lot too, but they look GREAT. BUT. They are super tight. Like, even a large is really tight.
Updated On: 2/7/08 at 09:00 PM
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, she was fine (and performed with a lot of energy). But I wouldn't call her a great singer by any stretch of the imagination.

I actually liked Emma's solo the best. I have no idea what the hell she was singing about, but it was catchy and I felt like I was in an Austin Powers movie.
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Totally like an Austin Powers movie!

Does Emma not remind you of Twiggy? She reminds me of Twiggy.
chino Profile Photochino Profile Photo
chino
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Agree! Emma reminds me of Twiggy.
Tag Profile PhotoTag Profile Photo
Tag
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw it earlier this week and it was great.
Emma is totally a cross between Twiggy & Olivia Newton John.
And Mel C, in my opinion, has always been the best singer in the group. She definitely was during the concert. (Her solo wasn't great though.)
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They did their dance from the music video for "Stop".

It was one of the best moments.

But I have to say...I know Poshy is thin thin thin, but the outfits she were looked SO uncomfortable. She moved fine in them, but they looked limiting, as opposed to Sporty's outfits or Baby's dresses.
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Were they doing solos from their own solo music careers? Emmas best solo song was maybe (i'm in love), that's similar to the description you;pve given... but hey, it's just a shot in the dark here!
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Beergoggles, yes, I think "Maybe" was the song.
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah. They weren't ALL doing solo career songs. But it was still good.
And they also did group songs that weren't theirs, like "Locomotive".
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
By the way, on Google videos, if you click for only Google videos, you can find some really close up footage of the concert in Vegas. The audio sucks a bit, but other than that, it's RIGHT next to the stage.
Actually, that site that shall not be named has some FANTASTIC video that has perfect audio as well.
Updated On: 2/11/08 at 01:10 PM
misschung Profile Photomisschung Profile Photo
misschung
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Saw the show last night - we had seats right next to the catwalk. I got some really nice pictures/videos. And yes, I totally teared up, I can't even lie. They sounded amazing.
The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I KNOW RIGHT.
Urgh. So good.
Yeah your seats must have been nice!
Renthead#1 Profile PhotoRenthead#1 Profile Photo
Renthead#1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
God!!! I wanna go sooo bad, hopefully they extend the tour and come to Seattle!
Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall