Page: 1

iPhone Now Available In 16GB, Touch Available In 32GB, Shuffle $30 Less

Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I still don't have an iAnything, but I'm always interested to see the updates that Apple makes on these products.

http://www.ipod.com
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 2/20/08 at 07:21 AM
bschneid76 Profile Photobschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Darn, I want one. They look so cool! But WAY WAY WAY too expensive. Maybe they will start dropping the price of the 16gb I touch.
"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski
jaystarr Profile Photojaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I want one too...but I have to wait till my verizon contract expires next year. re: iPhone Now Available In 16GB Model, iPod Touch Available In 32GB Model

J*
Mother's Younger Brother Profile PhotoMother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes, they're beyond sexy. But until their capacity matches my current 160GB iPod (which holds my entire CD collection), it would feel like a big step backwards in accessibility.
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Did not see the part in that ad where you can make phone calls or take pictures. So I don't know how it make it more versatile than an iPhone.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Updated On: 2/7/08 at 06:11 PM
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
the archos sounds much better than the itouch. but it doesn't completely replace the iphone.

however, i've been tempted to get a basic cell phone and the itouch (except the itouch is inferior to the iphone). this could well be a good option for me--a basic cell and an archos.

but, it sounds awfully expensive and confusing having to buy additional downloads to do what you want.
chino Profile Photochino Profile Photo
chino
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I really want an iPhone... I want one! These are extremely expensive though. I will be happy with the 8GB...
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pab - Actually, the 404 model has a video camera and there is also an optional helmet camera available for the Gen 5 models. Most of them record audio. The 405 has a memory card slot. And most of the Gen 5 series can double as a DVR. Plus, they can play more audio and video formats than any other player as well as read pdf files. The WiFi models have built-in browsers and the 604, 605, 704 and 705 all have touch screens. The only feature the iPhone includes that the Archos does not is the cell phone. But neither does the iTouch.

jrb - It really depends which features you want to utilize to really get the most for your money. I've been extremely happy with the Archos and I don't even use all the features. I do have the dock, which has been wonderful for recording directly from my digital cable box or DVD player and watching the videos on long trips. With te dock, I can also connect my Archos to most hotel TVs and watch the videos in full screen with excellent quality. And one of my favorite features is the ability to connect my Archos to my computer and simply open it as a hard drive and drag and drop my files in the folders. Then unplug and you're done. If you prefer to sync, then it is compatible with Window Media Player as well.

Archos doesn't have the exposure of Apple, so most people don't even know about it. But in my experience, I've found Archos to be the superior product, even if it isn't the trendiest. Regardless, people should get what makes them happy as long as they can afford it.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Archos sounds like perhaps it's a better fit for me.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The 1GB Shuffle has now dropped from $79 to $49, and a 2GB model is being introduced for $69.
-Kad

pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Texas's Abilene Christian University (ACU) on Wednesday announced plans to offer an iPod touch or iPhone to each incoming freshmen students this fall."
Texas college hands out iPod touch, iPhone to freshmen
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
bestinshow2 Profile Photobestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Mister Matt, I'm actually torn between the Archos and iPod Touch but I've read in reviews on the Archos that a) you have to pay extra for the web browser, b) that it can't store/play your own DVD's and c) that there are no music playlists? Is that true? How do you select your songs, is it just grouped by artist and album?
"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

Patronus Profile PhotoPatronus Profile Photo
Patronus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have a question about the iPhone service plan. It seems like Cingular offers a plan at $59.99 that includes unlimited web, email, texting etc, but I can't see how many voice minutes are included in that plan as it doesn't actually allow you to view the plans online until you get the phone in shipment.

Can someone who has an iPhone give me an idea of how much they are paying monthly?

Thanks!
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'd be interested to hear that as well.
-Kad

Anastasia_Beaverhausen Profile PhotoAnastasia_Beaverhausen Profile Photo
Anastasia_Beaverhausen
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
$59.99 Plan

450 minutes, 200 SMS Text Messages included with iPhone Data Plan, 200 SMS Text Messages, 5000 Nights and Weekends, $.45/min additional minutes. Unlimited web and e-mail, Visual Voicemail, Rollover Minutes, Unlimited Mobile to Mobile included.

Updated On: 2/28/08 at 10:49 AM
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I got an iTouch from my honey for Xmas, 16G and I love it, but it simply doesnt have enough memory...I could deal with 32G, that would hold enough of my cds and leave some room for video...but instead I need to keep my Creative.
Plus, I dont like iTunes.

If it hadnt been a total surprise (and engraved) I wouldve gone for the Archos. I already have a great phone.
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The engraving is a great gimmick for Apple to make sure all of these people do not return their iPods no matter what.

Final sales.
-Kad

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photoverynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was planning to get an ipod nano. It's $200. These past couple of days, I've considered the iphone. I'd rather have 1 thing than 2 separate things in my pocket. I wouldn't get the extra service though (internet+voicemail). I would only use it for phone and music, which is all I really need.

$399..worth it? I've never really had Ianything but I am a Mac guy, and I've been using iTunes since 2002. I wouldn't use anything else.
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
and, at least in my plan, the minutes carry over....so I have 2000 minutes all the time.....
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956