Republicans warn Obama

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Republicans warn Obama#1
Posted: 2/6/08 at 3:56pm
You ain't seen nothing yet, basically:

"With all due respect to the Clinton 'machine', should Barack Obama win the nomination, I'm sure Republicans will have plenty of arguments to level against the Senate's 'most liberal' member." -RNC spokesman Alex Conant

Chicago Tribune Political Blog
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#2
Posted: 2/6/08 at 3:59pm
At least the party will rally 'round Obama. Hillary is far less likely to unify the Democrats, as many opined in the media this morning. The impassioned youth vote, so visible, will not suddenly shift their allegiance to this insider. They simply are not invested in Hillary. That's the single biggest fear -- that if she squeeks by, the resulting apathy among all the Obama throngs will derail any chance of taking the White House. This ain't my opinion, it's a new fairly widespread anxiety. And there's no solution, other than a dream team ticket, which ain't gonna happen.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#2
Posted: 2/6/08 at 4:03pm
As you know, Auggie, I'm Black and Blue in '08 (dammit...why hasn't that stuck yet???), but I that anxiety is still not a fact, widespread as it may be.

I know you don't like her. I do. I like them both. And I'm actually inspired by them both. So what happened for me is that it came down to Miss America Style Points. Basically, I decided that Obama could beat McCain. I don't know if Hillary can.
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#3
Posted: 2/6/08 at 4:06pm
Watching McCain speak last night, and seeing the Republican commentators barely able to contain their hatred for him, I'm starting to think that a Mondale/Dukakis ticket would be able to win this fall.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#4
Posted: 2/6/08 at 4:08pm
Let's all remember that if the Republicans campaign against him as a "Hussein Obama, the Black Muslim Terrorist," we heard it first here from PapaLovesMambo.
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#5
Posted: 2/6/08 at 4:11pm
McCain looked like the rigor mortis was actually setting in as he spoke.
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#6
Posted: 2/6/08 at 4:11pm
They will. It will be "Liberal" "Hussein Osama" "missed votes" "and how much do we really know about him anyway?"

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
republicans warn obama#7
Posted: 2/6/08 at 4:16pm
can we really afford to take a chance?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
republicans warn obama#8
Posted: 2/6/08 at 4:17pm
Well, running the country the way Jesus wants has pretty much run as into the ground. Perhaps Allah's way is worth exploring.
javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#9
Posted: 2/6/08 at 4:21pm
True story--

When Bill Frist opted out of the GOP matrix after butting heads with Bush/Cheney, a colleague and GOP loyalist forwarded the hyperlinked articles below to me. Please note that it contains an article about Hillary's popularity in Iowa which I dismiss out right at the time. Luckily I found the archives. The articles and the comments were prescient.

Bill Frist, Hillary and other politicos on 11/29/06
#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 2/6/08 at 04:21 PM
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#10
Posted: 2/6/08 at 4:58pm
can we really afford to take a chance?

Unfortuantely for you, Papa, "Yes, we can."

The president and the administration you have stood by so loyally, has so lowered the bar as to make anything else seem desirable.

They have bankrupted the country and robbed it blind, devaluing the currency, stealing from the people and giving unimaginable profits all to their cronies at Exxon and Halliburton; they have trod on our liberties and ripped the Constitution into shreds; they have made Unitary Executive with Executive Privileges and Signing Statements that make a mockery of the Balance of Powers; they have made us a country of torturers who spy on their own people.

So what have we to lose? Our national integrity? Our standing in the world? Our safety?

Anyone else in the White House other than bush and Rice would have been prepared for 9/11. Think what would have happened if Clinton or Obama had received that warning in August...it would have not turned out like this.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#11
Posted: 2/6/08 at 5:13pm
"Anyone else in the White House other than bush and Rice would have been prepared for 9/11. Think what would have happened if Clinton or Obama had received that warning in August"

There was a Clinton in the White House the first time it happened. Had he not ignored all the signs (USS Cole, Khobar Towers, etc) it wouldn't have happened a second time.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 2/6/08 at 05:13 PM
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#12
Posted: 2/6/08 at 5:23pm
OMG how could i forget that 9/11 was Clinton's fault, of course it was. Just like Pearl Harbor and the Nazi occupation and extermination or european Jews. All Clinton's fault.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#13
Posted: 2/6/08 at 5:24pm
Ah Goth but Janet Reno et al not only caught the folks involved "The first time" and put them all in jail but DID actually prevent the second attack- which would have been the "Millenium Attack" on LAX- which was stopped because the President, Attorney General and law enforcement actually heeded the warnings and were on "High alert."

In fact, they were still so concerned that the incoming Bush administration publicly bitched that those stupid Clintonistas were so 'obsesssed' (their word, not mine) with Osama Bin Laden that they wouldn't shut up about the guy during the handover of power. The Bushies knew there were a lot more important details to attend to, like making up stories that the Clintons had stolen furniture from the White House and that the staff had vandalized the West Wing and caused hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage.

Every sign and signal was given to us. We had intelligence, we had memos from the FBI and we had an actual planner in captivity in advance. Actual calls between highjackers had been intercepted but never translated until afterwards....
Updated On: 2/6/08 at 05:24 PM
javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#14
Posted: 2/6/08 at 5:32pm
deleted..wrong thread...arghhh!
#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 2/6/08 at 05:32 PM
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#15
Posted: 2/6/08 at 5:48pm
I love you, Joe.
CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#16
Posted: 2/6/08 at 5:58pm
Sorry. Obama touched me inappropriately.
Updated On: 2/6/08 at 05:58 PM
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#17
Posted: 2/6/08 at 8:28pm
In the words of Madeline Kahn, PJ, "The feeling is Moochual!"
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans warn Obama#18
Posted: 2/6/08 at 11:05pm
So the Republicans are going to do what they always do--throw the word "liberal" around ad nauseum? Poor Obama. I'm sure he's sooooooooo scared.
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."