Abercrombie & Fitch Store Mgr Fined for Pic

madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
An Abercrombie & Fitch store manager in Virginia Beach has been fined for an 'obscene' photo on display in his store. As a parent, I find their ads inappropriate, particularly in a mall, where parents should be able to bring their kids without having to worry about seeing pictures with buttcracks.

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/abercrombie-and-fitch-pics-called/20080204085609990002
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm thrilled that THIS is worth getting upset about. A buttcrack. That God made.
mattonstage Profile Photomattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
If he had his pants up, but his head was blown open by a bullet, I bet no one would have a problem with it. And how many girls are running around the mall with low-cut jeans on with their thongs showing every time they bend down to get something.
I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If that gets a fine, how does Spencer's stay open?
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cool, can we fine the managers for the crappy over-priced clothes, too?
PEACE.
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wasn't this same poster shown in every A&F store across the country? What about those stores? Why is this manager to blame, and not the owners?

"As a parent, I find their ads inappropriate, particularly in a mall, where parents should be able to bring their kids without having to worry about seeing pictures with buttcracks."

re: Abercrombie & Fitch Store Mgr Fined for Pic

There's a boob, crack, slight pubic bone, and arm pits! OH MY GOD! Call the police.

It's a freakin' picture, for Christ sakes? Here's what you should do:

You'll be a much happier person.

The store has a right to show whatever they want, just as we have a right to buy and wear whatever we want.

Get over it.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
TowleRoad reports that deputies "Seized" the picture and removed it from the store. And really- you see far more buttcrack walking around at the mall, the beach, the high school. He's showing so little coinslot you couldn't get a quarter in there.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Updated On: 2/4/08 at 03:14 PM
South Fl Marc Profile PhotoSouth Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"An Abercrombie & Fitch store manager in Virginia Beach has been fined for an 'obscene' photo on display in his store. As a parent, I find their ads inappropriate, particularly in a mall, where parents should be able to bring their kids without having to worry about seeing pictures with buttcracks."

You can't possibly be serious. If you are, boy, do I feel sorry for your kids.
Now living in DC. I really have to change my name on the board.
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
One more thing, madbrain. How about you be the parent instead of giving the responsibility to the police or store managers or teachers or whoever?

People are going to see and hear and listen to things you don't want them to see.

Teach your kids that it's just a picture, or movie, or song, or book, and the sooner they know that, the less they'll be influenced.

I'm not a parent, but that's what my mom taught me. It's only when children are sheltered by such things that they do them. I think that's why I've never wanted to do drugs, or shoot up a school. I know better.

If children aren't taught about the bad stuff, then how do they know it's bad?
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
AnnaK<3LMIP Profile PhotoAnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How about the fact that you have to be like a size 4 to fit into their size LARGE? Ridiculous.

I agree with all of you. However, during Christmas season last year, I went to my friend's mall, and Abercrombie had a half-naked male model chilling in the front of their store. He was RIPPED, a typical abercrombie model. But THAT I thought was weird.

I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OK, I guess my comments make me seem like a wacko, but my wife and I do all the parenting for my kids, and we don't rely upon anyone else. All I said was that I thought the photos were inappropriate for a mall. I didn't say anyone should be fined for obscenity, or that the pictures should be removed, or that the store manager should go to jail. All I was trying to say was that if it were up to me (and it's not), I wouldn't display those pictures in a place where I knew kids and pre-teens would be walking by every day. And I know that kids are exposed to that and much more, and it's up to us as parents to deal with everything.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
At one of the stores in Dallas, around Christmas, there were 3 hot, rippled models wearing santa hats and Christmas print boxers. That's it. I didn't think it was weird at all. You see the same thing at the beach. (well, probably not the santa hats.)

I wish I still had those photos.

My mom raised me to be proud of my body, not ashamed of it.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended

Did you see more or less buttcrack than the buttcrack in this ad on the board?

Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"My mom raised me to be proud of my body"

I took one look at mine, and I couldn't be! re: Abercrombie & Fitch Store Mgr Fined for Pic
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm not as muscular as I was in high school, but I'm a lot more confident.

I love my body.
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Last time I checked, kids have butt cracks, too.
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Only if they're lucky.

I think we own the last quarterly catalogue.
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My mom raised me to be proud of my body

Lord, did anyone else's mind go to Spanking the Monkey?
PEACE.
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The beach is not the mall. It sure worked for their store though, LOADS of people were in there.
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"The beach is not the mall."

Nice observation. I don't see what it has to do with this, though. Just because it's two different locations doesn't excuse one from being less obscene.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phyllis I would say that about the same amount of Buttcrack was showing in both pictures- the BWW crack is more head on (sorry) where the A&F crack is a "Side-al" view as the lad walked away. I think his pants were about 2 inches below his waist. Not that I blew the picture up to life size, stared at it and measured it.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Because at the beach it is expected that you will see men with their shirts off. I don't see why the mall is the place for that (yeah yeah, besides the sales and advertising). If I saw guys walking around like they do at the beach, I would probably find it really strange.
TannerONbw Profile PhotoTannerONbw Profile Photo
TannerONbw
Stand-by
Stand-by
Its corporate polocy to have the pictures up. Just as it is to have the lights set on dim, overspray the store with cologne and play the awful music(which most of the employees hate). If parents are so worried about their kids being exposed to butt crack they shouldn't let their kids walk around a mall. I wonder if the maniquines at Vic's Secret were taken too?
CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is stupid. Everyone knows A&F has those kinds of pictures on display. If you're offended then don't shop there. There's no reason for the store manager to be fined when ALL A&F stores have those exact same displays.
Dre2387 Profile PhotoDre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love that ad.

Finally, something I can drool over. There are so many obscene female ads that guys can drool over all the time and no one thinks anything of them. And now there is one for us ladies. I like it.
<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~