Page: 1

Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol

Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#1
Posted: 1/30/08 at 3:22pm
For the last couple of weeks, I've had trouble posting at this site. Sometimes, I never get any further than opening a thread, the AOL freezes. Is the pop-ups? I'm on another computer now, and the difference is staggering. My lap top has Windows XP, so it's not a question of antiquated software, I don't think. Today, it froze my entire computer and it took me forever to retstart it. It bounced back, but I haven't ventured back here at home.

Any options?
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 1/30/08 at 03:22 PM
Pippin Profile PhotoPippin Profile Photo
Pippin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#2
Posted: 1/30/08 at 3:23pm
stupid broadwayworld.

is Jason Ok?
"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#2
Posted: 1/30/08 at 3:24pm
I have the same trouble. It's an aol issue. The aol software completely takes over my computer and freezes it. If anyone knows how to stop this, I'd like to know.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 1/30/08 at 03:24 PM
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#3
Posted: 1/30/08 at 3:27pm
Thanks, Gotham. Happened at one other site. I have no problem with Google or any other internet research, just sites with these damned ads (if that's a coincidence, or the culprit). It was a problem about a year ago, then went away. I just wonder if it's a universal experience for aol-ers.
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#4
Posted: 1/30/08 at 3:28pm
Word to the wise: Never install aol software. It screws everything up! If you really need AOL then log on through the internet. Even then it sometimes crashes Safari on my computer.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#5
Posted: 1/30/08 at 3:32pm
I have trouble all the time with aol. Sometimes I will sign on and I will go to check my email and it will freeze. I think AOL allows interns to write the program code.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
orangeskittles Profile Photoorangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#6
Posted: 1/30/08 at 3:36pm
I didn't realize AOL was still available as an internet service.
Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#7
Posted: 1/30/08 at 3:36pm
AOL had to merge with Time/ Warner a couple years ago because they couldn't fit that much SUCK into one company!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#8
Posted: 1/30/08 at 3:41pm
"AOL had to merge with Time/ Warner a couple years ago because they couldn't fit that much SUCK into one company!"

The thing is that AOL actually worked pre Time/Warner. You didn't get the blue screen of death. Now they've reprogrammed it so that you don't even get the blue screen of death. It just freezes and you have to pull the plug. CTL ALT DEL doesn't even work when it freezes.
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#9
Posted: 1/30/08 at 3:48pm
Amen. I had that happen this morning. My whole computer just locked down, and I had a ton of those gray icons that tell you the computer is trying to bail you out. Finally, they disappeared, I started over. It's pitiful. They stole the buddy list for about 2 months 2 years ago. Mysteriously disappeared, then returned. I suspect this is a kink that will be fixed, but it may take a while.
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#10
Posted: 1/30/08 at 3:49pm
AOL just sucks. My parents finally abandoned it this winter and have never been happier.
trinaaron Profile Phototrinaaron Profile Photo
trinaaron
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#11
Posted: 1/30/08 at 4:13pm
Holy Cow. I thought it was a problem with my computer. I now have to apologize to my husband because I yelled at him for not getting the computer fixed. I did think it was strange that it was only this site, but I just thought it was because I usually come here first.
"I always feel guilty patronizing Barnes & Noble because they've essentially put every small neighborhood bookstore out of business, but they have a cafe!" Seth Rudetsky "Broadway Nights" Go Jeff Burton #31
NJgirl
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#12
Posted: 1/30/08 at 6:03pm
It's happening to me as well!!! Randomly BWW will freeze my AOL and crash it. It's been ridiculously annoying for the last 2 weeks as it will crash at the worst times. It has crashed IE once or twice too. I was wondering if it's one of the ads on here.
thetinymagic2 Profile Photothetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Broadwayworld keeps freezing my aol#13
Posted: 1/31/08 at 2:59am
Switch to Firefox. Excellent.