Page: 1

Rumour of the week: Terry Gilliam to direct 'The Hobbit'

romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Take this with a grain of salt,but it would be awesome if true.

According to the CBS early show yesterday they claimed that Harry Knowles of Aintitcool.news reported that Terry Gilliam is the runner up to direct the Hobbit and that he actually has been in talks for a few weeks.Early show was talking about Heath Ledger and how production has been shut down on Terry Gilliam's new film.Apparently the rumor surfaced this week with the death of Heath Ledger who was in Terry Gilliam's latest film before it was shut down on Wednesday.

I went to Aint-it-cool-news to find the story but couldn't find it anywhere. I even tried a google search. All I could find was the same rumor I heard on a few Lord of the Rings message/fan boards.

Has anyone heard this or know if there is any truth to it at all?
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Updated On: 1/26/08 at 09:33 AM
ShbrtAlley44 Profile PhotoShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love Terry Gilliam for his weird animation and because he directed Time Bandits, but there is no way he should direct The Hobbit unless the producers fancy going way over budget or dealing with some disaster that will inevitably occur.