Page: 1

Dan Savage visits South Carolina

MrMidwest Profile PhotoMrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dan Savage visits South Carolina #1
Posted: 1/20/08 at 11:53am
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dan Savage visits South Carolina #2
Posted: 1/20/08 at 12:01pm
That's wonderful!

The more I see Huckabee, the more I realize that he's just another Elmer Gantry, peddling phony promises to stupid people who believe him, whether those promises are about false salvation, false hair restoration of "I'm gonna become the 44th president of the United States," which he's not.
Updated On: 1/20/08 at 12:01 PM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dan Savage visits South Carolina #2
Posted: 1/20/08 at 12:05pm
To be fair, he did peddle those phony promises with a side order of Popcorn Squirrel.

Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dan Savage visits South Carolina #3
Posted: 1/20/08 at 12:10pm
"I think they're all assholes."

AMEN!

And can I just say that Dan is looking FINE re: Dan Savage visits South Carolina
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dan Savage visits South Carolina #4
Posted: 1/20/08 at 1:02pm
I also loved the fact that "Two guys sinning over here" beats out "31 sinners over there".
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
sondheimboy2 Profile Photosondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dan Savage visits South Carolina #5
Posted: 1/20/08 at 8:04pm
I know that people think like this EVERYWHERE, but thinking like this is one of the main reasons why I never venture south of the Mason/Dixon line...
"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba