Page: 1

TV Still Popular With The Masses, Idiots

Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
TV Still Popular With The Masses, Idiots#1
Posted: 1/19/08 at 7:13am
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 1/19/08 at 07:13 AM
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
that article might be interesting, or even funny, if the person writing it knew what they were talking about.
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The networks have to suffer a hit from this strike, I refuse to believe that people will watch the AWFUL TV shows that are on instead of great series like 30 ROCK (IMO, the smartest comedy on TV), PUSHING DAISIES, UGLY BETTY, SAMANTHA WHO?, etc.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ray, you're living in a fantasy world.

People will watch whatever is on.

They have nothing better to do.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
bschneid76 Profile Photobschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Exactly, my parents will watch countless of repeats on tv of shows they have seen probably 1000 times. They watch the same old things and never give anything new a chance, so it doesn't surprise me. I don't seem to watch TV anymore as nothing good seems to be one these days. So I watch a movie instead.
"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I don't seem to watch TV anymore as nothing good seems to be one these days. So I watch a movie instead."

Yes, because as we all know the movies made today are simply brilliant.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And posting on message boards is certainly an exercise superior to watching tv.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
paradox_error Profile Photoparadox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hmmm, Rathie, I don't know how to respond to that comment...

:S

So I won't...
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Middle-aged and (especially) older viewers are perfectly happy with reruns of EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, FRIENDS, REBA, and, yes, even SEINFELD. The young, "hip" audiences that networks keep trying to court are either watching reality shows (while feeling superior to them--doesn't that define "hip"?) or out living actual lives. So who's left to complain? And does it really matter?
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ray, you're living in a fantasy world.

People will watch whatever is on.

I rather live in a fantasy world than face the real fact that people are watching the disastrous things that have replaced scripted series due to the strike. Don't want to lose confidence in the American public like that.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"