Page: 1

Karl Rove: How to Defeat Hillary OR Obama

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Karl Rove: How to Defeat Hillary OR Obama#1
Posted: 1/16/08 at 3:28pm
Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a vomit-inducing roller-coaster of shiT-slinging on the part of whichever insincere, unqualified Republican is nominated.

[snippets]

===

Campaign 2008

Rove previews strategies against Clinton, Obama

By Sam Youngman
Posted: 01/16/08 02:55 PM [ET]

Karl Rove told a group of state Republican officials Wednesday that while the GOP primaries “are far from over,” each of the candidates can beat the top two Democrats — and the former White House aide then outlined a strategy how.

While Rove, the man President Bush called “the architect,” might have retired from the White House, he is clearly still very much engaged in the day-to-day mechanics of the presidential contests on both sides.

In an address to a group of state GOP executive directors at the Republican National Committee’s (RNC) winter meeting, Rove outlined talking points for ways to defeat leading Democratic candidates Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.) and Barack Obama (Ill.). The former adviser to the president did not mention former Sen. John Edwards (N.C.).

On Clinton, Rove said the senator talks about fiscal responsibility but has introduced “$800 billion in new spending and the campaign is less than half over.”

Rove said that “the woman” wants to repeal all of Bush’s tax cuts, and that she can be targeted for voting against “troop funding” in the form of her votes against the Iraq war supplementals.

Specifically, Rove hit Clinton for what could have been her worst campaign moment last year, when she had trouble answering a question about driver’s licenses for illegal immigrants at the Democratic debate in Philadelphia.

“You know, Sen. Clinton [has] got a problem with giving straight answers in this campaign,” Rove said. “I thought that was an incredible moment. In the course of 15 minutes, I counted her giving about four different answers.”

The Bush confidant also trotted out one of the lines of attack the RNC has already been working feverishly against Clinton, questioning why she and former President Bill Clinton will not release records from their time in the White House. This, according to Rove, “raises legitimate questions about what she’s hiding.”

Rove made it clear that most Republican attacks on Obama would focus on his “accomplishments and experience.”

“He got elected three years ago, and he [has] spent almost the entire time running for president,” Rove said.

Rove added that Obama has only passed one piece of legislation during his time in the U.S. Senate, and during his time in Illinois state Senate, Obama had “an unusual habit” of voting “present” instead of yes or no.

Rove also said that nonpartisan ratings show that Obama is more liberal than Clinton, which he said is “pretty hard to do.”

Time and again, however, Rove returned to the trump card he used in his successfully executed 2002 and 2004 elections, saying that neither Obama nor Clinton is prepared to protect the country from terrorists.

Rove served notice that Obama and Clinton would be targeted over how they vote on any Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act legislation that comes before the Senate this year.

“Do they or do they not want our intelligence officials to be listening in on terrorists’ conversations in the Middle East who may … be plotting to hurt America?” Rove said.

He told the state officials that it would be their responsibility to find “creative and sustaining ways” to “talk about these contrasts.”...

Lastly, Rove argued that the Republican candidate must show the electorate “that they understand the surge is working.” Rove said the candidate should get firmly behind the war effort, painting the Democratic nominee as “defeatist.”
Rove previews strategies against Clinton, Obama
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rove questioning why she and former President Bill Clinton will not release records from their time in the White House. This, according to Rove, “raises legitimate questions about what she’s hiding.”

Oh, THAT is RICH!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
AnnaK<3LMIP Profile PhotoAnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"In an address to a group of state GOP executive directors at the Republican National Committee’s (RNC) winter meeting, Rove outlined talking points for ways to defeat leading Democratic candidates Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.) and Barack Obama (Ill.). The former adviser to the president did not mention former Sen. John Edwards (N.C.)."

THAT sounds like a cult. It actually sounds like something else when I first read it, but I may offend people.

"Rove said that “the woman” wants to repeal all of Bush’s tax cuts, and that she can be targeted for voting against “troop funding” in the form of her votes against the Iraq war supplementals."
What more can you say except...duh.

Does Karl Rove think everyone is inept?
I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The White House has decided to defy Congress's latest demand for information regarding the dismissal of nine U.S. attorneys, sources familiar with the decision said yesterday.

President Bush invoked executive privilege Monday to deny requests by Congress for testimony from former White House aides Sara Taylor and Harriet Miers.

President Bush has signed several executive orders granting agencies new authority to classify information.

In addition, in March 2003 Bush signed an executive order that amended a 1995 order by former president Bill Clinton, greatly strengthening government officials' powers to classify information.

President Bush invoked executive privilege for the first time Thursday to keep Congress from seeing documents of prosecutors' decision-making in cases ranging from a decades-old Boston murder to the Clinton-era fund-raising probe.

The administration has refused a series of requests to release the documents.

For the last year President Bush's White House has pursued Nixonian secrecy when it comes to the records of his own administration.

Bush's executive order kept Burton's Government Reform Committee from seeing Justice Department memos detailing the sickening thirty-five year partnership between Boston criminals and senior FBI agents.

The Bush administration, which has been pushing presidential power to new extremes, is reportedly developing an even more dangerous new theory of executive privilege.

Karl that was five minutes googling.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And here I figured his solution would be much simpler. "Get a guy to 'take care of 'em.'"
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Joe--let's hope the eventual Democratic nominee is as smart as you.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, not to brag but I'm pretty sure that last one wasn't.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
and the gop nominee will say, "is my name george bush? is he runing in this race? i din't think so. while my opponent clearly would rather talk about the past, i am going to talk about how we're going to change the culture in washington. first off, by executive order i'll be declaring popcorn popper fired squirrel as the new official entree of the united states of america. tax-free!"
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If I can get tax credits for buying a squirrel-cooking popcorn popper he's got my vote!
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"now ladies and gentlemen, that right thar is an example of how i can bring this country together. if i can win the vote of a midwestern bearded show queen who regularly and joyfully engages in behavior that would cause me to projectile vomit for a good three hours, imagine what i can do with the country. my slogan: a squirrel and a popper!"

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Can I be in the ad?
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"hell, son, without you there is no ad! you're ok with nudity, right?"

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Exactly what behavior does Joe engage in that behavior would cause him to projectile vomit for a good three hours?

And are there pictures?
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Joe,

Interesting that you posted that. Frontline on PBS had a special on last night (not sure if this was a rebroadcast) about the present administration and Cheney's hand in seeking absolute power for the executive office. It was quite disturbing and telling.

Here's something of interest as well:

White House re-used e-mail tapes
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany