Page: 1

Urinetown- Choosing a Name in the Chorus

lickthelightbulb
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Urinetown- Choosing a Name in the Chorus#1
Posted: 1/15/08 at 9:59pm
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me come up with a name in Urinetown. I'm a poor/rebel and our director wants us to create names that she can list us as in the program.

Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of trouble. If you don't know Urinetown, here are examples of some of the names I need styled like:
-Soupy Sue
-Hot Blades Harry
-Billy Boy Bill
-Robby the Stockfish
-Tiny Tom

I need a name styled after the type of those listed above. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!
JudasIscariot Profile PhotoJudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Calvin Kite
Jittery Jamie
Jerky Jack
Uda Man

Pippin Profile PhotoPippin Profile Photo
Pippin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
We're not performing it. YOU are. and those choices sound fine. Just pick one you like, and create a character around it.

btw.... is this the way it's always done in Urinetown? the ensemble choosing thier own names?
"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
AudreyTwoTwo Profile PhotoAudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
One of the names I saw when I was in it was Billy the Stockfish.
I'll try to remember other names that I have seen.
You should try names with alliteration and things like that. For example, Penelope Pennywise (that's who I was) or Caldwell B. Cladwell. That's even funnier. I had so much trouble with my lines, I thought there were errors whenever I said his name... lol
The Best of Times is Now!