lest you whiny lefties forget what truly brutal politics looks like

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i see everybody here up in arms over the crying incident or the jesse jackson jr. incident or some other brutal example of "hardball" politics. pshaw.

here's how the gop goes after one of their own.

and remember this is a republican attacking a republican.

imagine what they're gonna do to a democrat.
murderer!!!
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You really think this was an unwarranted attack?

The truth hurts.
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i didn't say it was unwarranted, i said it was brutal. i understand from your posts however, that you're too stupid to understand the difference.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If it was warranted, the "brutality" shouldn't make a difference.

By the way, get bent.
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I can't get the link to open but I am guessing I'd prefer Papa unbent.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yikes. How could anyone vote for Mike Murderbee after watching THAT?
smartpenguin78 Profile Photosmartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm interested in knowing how Huckabee and his supporters deal with the whole situation.
What are their justifications for the release?
Are they just saying, "we thought he was rehabilitated?"

It is so appalling on every level, but it really speaks to the reasons I so despise the mixture of religion and politics that it was the conservative republican machine, led in large part by ministers that convinced Huckabee to do it.

And do any Republicans have an answer to the charge that he was released because his original victim was related to Clinton?
I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
the way they're answering it so far, smarty, is to deny that he had anything to do with the parole. deny he pressured the parole board. insist that the only reason he was eligible for parole at all was because jim guy tucker commuted his sentence from life +20 to 39.5 years. play up the castration angle. deny he had anything to do with any of it, but if cornered try to say he did it for the right reasons despite the horrific outcome. hey, it worked for norman mailer.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
I'm sorry, but I just checked with Gothampc and he said that it's only Democrats that go after their own.
iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is gonna be such a fun election year. I'm psyched.
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
play up the castration angle

Hehehe. Huckabee said castration. Hehehe.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
and amazingly the word hillary was not in the sentence.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
need I point out the basic feminist theoretics embedded throughout this thread, or did everyone get it when hillary and castration were put side by side?
"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Candidata Dentata?
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm really sick of the ancient stereotype that Republicans are practical and hardheaded and live in the "real world", and Democrats are weak and "whiny." Certain people on this board have been working that angle for far too long. For example, the invasion of Iraq conducted by the Republican Bush Administration--particularly the assumption that Iraqis would greet us as liberators and shower us with rose petals--was hardly an example of realistic tough-mindedness.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
quit whining you typically weak kneed and sniveling democrat.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Typical knee-jerk Republican response--go on the attack and ignore the actual issue.

I'm just pointing out that several of the major decisions of this administration--mainly the Iraq invasion--were not built on logic. They were built on the same macho posturing and blustering tough talk that keeps turning up in your posts--and that you keep trying to palm off as "realism."
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Roquat--I can't believe you came into this thread and fell for papa's trap by actually WHINING!

Don't you know how to fight back against papa? Like this:

Who says "lest," you pencil-pricked right-wing blowhard? No one says "lest" except chicken-hawk, closet-case dum-dum dittoheads. Where do you learn words like "lest" anyway? In abortion-clinic bombing and creationism class?

That's how you fight back against papa--and by changing subject lines--BUT NOT BY WHINING!
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You fight your way I'll fight mine. There are many ways of fighting, and the best is not always the loudest. But I know I'll never convince papa of that.

If using words of more than one syllable is considered "whining", let me spell it out for him as simply as possible--

Papalovesmambo is a big fake.
Roninjoey Profile PhotoRoninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The only murder republicans care about is the murder of unborn fetuses (which is bad) and the murder of Muslims and gay teenagers (which is good). (don't) vote Republican '08.
yr ronin,
joey
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
not true, ron. we also care about executing murderers (usually democrats as 97.25% of death row inmates self identify).

pj, we don't need no stinking classes on those subjects. we come out of the womb fired by the power of the holy spirit with a lump of c4 in one hand and a bible in the other.

roro, you're not fighting you're at best pleading and at worst begging. both with a hurt look on your face and a tear in your eye.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
97.25% of death row inmates self identify as Democrats because they have been wrongfully convicted.

But DNA (Democratic Nucleic Acid) will exonerate them.

Republican death-row inmates have their sentences commuted so they can go back to society and rape and murder again, even if they've been castrated, because Republican rape is a crime of violence against women not healthy, nonviolent passion for women, like Democrats have.
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Papa, take your stupid Dirty Harry/Rambo macho posturing and pseudo-tough talk where it'll be appreciated--perhaps a Rush Limbaugh taping. He's another one pulling that old con of pretending to tell the real, dirty truth--it's always the real, dirty truth that his audience wants to hear. (Poor people are lazy, gay people are sick, we have to show other countries we're the biggest bullies on the playground, etc., etc.)
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
thanks, roro, i'm quite happy right where i am. you've probably seen the limbaugh show more often than i have. i get a kick out of the fact that democrats seem to know more about what goes on on that show that republicans.

pj, there are no republicans on death row. they're smart enough to get rid of the bodies and the evidence unlike the democrats who do the deed, brag about it and are then amazed that anyone would find anything wrong with their having done it.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Roninjoey Profile PhotoRoninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah, but republicans then spend years denouncing other people who have done the same thing until their secret is uncovered in a shocking scandal years later, ousting them from power (which is usually quickly recovered as Americans are the most gullible people on Earth).
yr ronin,
joey