Page: 1

Under The Rainbow (1981)

romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Under The Rainbow (1981)#1
Posted: 1/9/08 at 7:34pm
When is this coming out on dvd? Its one of my favorite Billy Barty movies!
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Under The Rainbow (1981)#2
Posted: 1/9/08 at 8:31pm
Oh, lord.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Under The Rainbow (1981)#2
Posted: 1/9/08 at 9:56pm
Oh my goodness. I completely forgot about this movie. When I saw the title, I thought you were talking about this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078136/
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
artscallion Profile Photoartscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Under The Rainbow (1981)#3
Posted: 1/9/08 at 10:01pm
Chevy Chase gave me wood in that movie. Of course back then a gentle breeze would give me wood.
Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Under The Rainbow (1981)#4
Posted: 1/9/08 at 10:13pm
This came out in the middle of my childhood "Wizard of Oz" obsession (which never really went away) and I begged my parents to take me to see it (anything having to do with "Oz" was NECESSARY back then) but they wouldn't. I never have seen it and don't even really know what it's about.
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Under The Rainbow (1981)#5
Posted: 1/9/08 at 11:02pm
I liked it in 1981. Then again, I liked a lot of things in 1981. Like The New Romantics.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Under The Rainbow (1981)#7
Posted: 1/10/08 at 10:23am
I didn't much care for it when it came out which bewildered me because I was like "Its a funny movie! But its not funny! I don't get it!" Although I do remember getting all hot and bothered over Carrie Fisher stripping to her bra and panties. I was a terribly confused child.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
South Fl Marc Profile PhotoSouth Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Under The Rainbow (1981)#8
Posted: 1/10/08 at 10:24am
Wow - now thats a BAAAAAD movie. I have never understood the appeal of Chevy Chase. I don't think he's funny. He seems to be the only person who thinks he is. I always thought the best thing for Saturday Night Live was when he left after the first season and Bill Murray came in.
Now living in DC. I really have to change my name on the board.
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Under The Rainbow (1981)#9
Posted: 1/10/08 at 10:26am
Chevy Chase was hawt!

FLETCH. The shirtless scene. Thirteen years of age. VCR. Vaseline. Nuff said.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Tom1071 Profile PhotoTom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Under The Rainbow (1981)#10
Posted: 1/11/08 at 1:05pm
I remember this movie fondly. I was in elementary school. Usually when I go back an watch things from my childhood I'm really disappointed.

I recently went back and watched The Pirate Movie which I loved as a kid but as an adult I found embarrassingly bad.