Page: 1

OUTRAGE!!! Netflix and the "Releasing This Week" disappearance!

Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's a damned shame I tell ya....Netflix, for no other reason other than they could, got rid of the "Releasing This Week" option of their New Releases. The community blog is all up in arms and it was only a matter of time before someone did something about it!
Like make a petition!
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
I actually only just noticed the "Releasing This Week" section a few weeks ago, so I didn't have a lot of time to become attached.

Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't think I've ever used that function. Thank goodness there is an online petition! Those things are so effective! Without them, we wouldn't have any cast recordings.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What's a Nexflix?

re: OUTRAGE!!!  Netflix and the 'Releasing This Week' disappearance!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
What Netflix calls "New Releases" really stretches the meaning of the word "new," if you ask me.
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phyllis - That's true of any video rental store as well. I swear, every time I went into Hollywood or Blockbuster, half the "new releases" are a couple of years old.
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And that's why the "Releasing This Week" option is so VITAL!
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
Tru dat, Mister Matt. If it's already been on tv, it's not a new release!
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Netflix and Blockbuster may have to watch out if the rumors are true and Apple starts renting movies via iTunes starting next week.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ugh...I really don't want to have to go to iTunes. That program crashed my computer countless times back when I had iPods. Unless Apple is offering a monthly rate like Netflix or Blockbuster online rather than a pay-per-movie, I think they're safe. But if you're into art or foreign films, nothing beats Greencine.com
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"That program crashed my computer countless times back when I had iPods."

NEVER had a problem with iTunes. Maybe it was your computer.

Not having to receive DVDs in the mail and having to mail them back would sell me on an iTunes option right away.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
See, I kinda like getting stuff in the mail. And the fact that you have to wait a little with Netflix is good because it keeps me from being a COMPLETE couch potato.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As a former Video Store person I can tell you: 95% of video customers don't look ANYWHERE except the New Release shelf. So you move every movie that ANYONE is looking for because otherwise you spend all Christmas week over to "Film Classics" to hand them "It's a Wonderful Life".

I would guess the average "New Release" spent at least a year on those shelves at my stores.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
NEVER had a problem with iTunes. Maybe it was your computer.

It's possible, but the iPods were junk, too and iTunes was the only program crashing my computer. When I uninstalled it, the crashing stopped. Both of my iPods crashed completely in less than 18 months and Apple wanted to charge me $300 each to repair them. I got one of them to work again after hours upon hours of researching the Apple site and loads of discussion boards. I got rid of them both. No more i-anything for me again. Actually, I just avoid Apple altogether.